Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Photos by Gery Frechette (Read 1,758 times)
Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Photos by Gery Frechette
Aug 9th, 2011 at 6:35pm

To View or Order Photos from Gerry Frechette

I am pleased to announce a new direction for my motorsport photography enterprise. Gone are both the name Rainbow Action Imagery and my partnership with web service DotPhoto. I will now market photos under my own name, and will display our wide range of motorsport photos on a dedicated website now hosted by Zenfolio.

At gerryfrechette.zenfolio.com, you can look at all the photos from an event in one place, pick the ones you like, and order them online using a credit card. They will be printed on the best paper, and mailed to you directly, just like before.

Here’s how to see your photos. Go to the website. Scroll down and click on All My Photos. No user name or password is needed. The albums will be displayed, and click on the one you are interested in. The individual thumbnail photos will be displayed, along with a price list. Refer to the following instructions to place your order online.

1. Click on the photo you wish to purchase.
2. Click “Buy” above the photo, and select the photo size and quantity you want. Click “Add to Cart.”
3. Repeat the process for other sizes and quantities, by clicking “Buy More Products With Selected Photos,” or return to the front page of the Album to select another photo to order and start over.
4. When finished shopping, click “View Shopping Cart” to confirm your order. Within each photo in the cart, note the “cropping” function. Zenfolio requires that you click on that to determine and confirm how you want them printed, especially for sizes like 5x7 and 8x10 that are not standard “1x1.5” ratio. The options are Centered, Fit and Manual, the latter allowing you to crop the photo any way you like. The photo files are generally ample size for cropping down to a single car in an image, but the larger the print size, the less you should crop.
5. When you are all done ordering and checking the cropping, click “Checkout Now.” At this stage, Zenfolio gives you the option of registering for future ordering benefits (explained on the website) or just simply checking out. Click “Continue” under your choice.
6. Follow instructions to enter shipping address and credit card information.

Some things to note:
- Prices quoted are in both Canadian & U.S. dollars, so choose the list that applies.
- In most cases, photos from an event should be on the website within a few days after the event. To see photos from previous years, contact us directly.
- If you want to just view your photos online and order directly from us, we are happy to do that, too. Contact us by phone or e-mail and tell us what you need, with code numbers. Prices are the same with either method of ordering. We offer quantity discounts if photos are ordered directly from us.
- All photos, either ordered through the website or directly from us, are produced with laser technology on archival-quality photo paper, just like from a negative. They are not ink-jet printed, and will last as long as any other photo generated from a negative.
- After nine years with dotPhoto, this is a new direction for us, and we hope your photo viewing and ordering experience is a good one. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or problems, or to let us know that everything went well.
- I'll be uploading all this year's photos to Zenfolio, but the previous years' photos still available for viewing at DotPhoto will be removed at the end of the year, and the account closed. If you are interested in ordering earlier photos, I ask you to please contact me directly to order at gerryf@telus.net, and to not order anything through DotPhoto. If you do, you will probably receive your order and be billed, as usual, but I will not be paid anything, hence why I am leaving DotPhoto.

Thank you, and if you have any questions or problems, please contact Gerry or Sue at gerryf@telus.net or phone 604-734-4721.

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print