Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Work Party Announcment (Read 3,132 times)
Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Home of Road Racing in B.C.
Work Party Announcment
Feb 23rd, 2013 at 1:18pm

We are planning to have our first official work party of 2013.

Date:  Saturday 2 Mar 2012
Time: 8 am
Where: at the track

We would appreciate any one who can come out and pitch in with some of our projects.
Of course you will be given track credits for your efforts, a free lunch, and lots of thanks.
**I  would ask that you email myself if you think you will be coming out. This will help us to plan the projects and lunch etc
If you want to bring any tools or equipment out such as rakes, shovels, power tools, etc, that would be helpful. We have some, but probably not enough for every one.

Some things that we plan to work on are:

1.Grandstands: Finish leveling, build new stairs, replace bent steel supports, replace wood seats.

2.Place fill in T2 to cover exposed drain and reduce the 'ditch' effect

3.Rake soil along paddock fence where new power line was placed

4.General cleanup of paddock area

5.Assist Paul and build some more tire bundles and straighten areas like T5

6.Renovate clubhouse back area

So come out, have some fun with your fellow club members, break a sweat, and enjoy a free lunch and some race credits for your efforts.

Come anytime you like. You do not need to stay all day, or come at 8 am.  If you can only spare 4 hours or even 2, it all helps.

Thanks,
Tim Rosche

trackops@sccbc.net

Am I getting under your skin yet? Good. Then my plan is working

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Re: Work Party Announcment
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2013 at 8:22pm

A big thank you to all the people who came out to help today, despite the rain.
Remember to contact me if you want credit for your hours.
We had SCCBC club members attend, as well as people from the M.C. clubs as well.
We worked on drainage on the track, grandstands, tire walls, clubhouse, and the paddock.

We improved the drainage in T1 and T2. We installed some new lines and made some small 'ditches' to accomplish this. The rain was helpful in a sense, that we were able to see where the water goes and does not.

The grandstands are all now properly levelled and stable. All the footings have been stabilized and are now easily adjustable for future sinkage. The  process of replacing boards began, and next we will build some new stairs etc. Rod D. headed up this with help from Al H.

The tire wall in T5 has been greatly built up with a double row of tires and some bundles. There still is some work to do here in the future. T3 as well has been improved at the apex. Thanks Paul H. for all your efforts.

The clubhouse has been thoroughly cleaned out and the back area cleaned and organized. Steve Sarah and Roland took care of this for us. Nice work!

The leaves and gravel throughout the paddock were raked, swept and removed. A big thanks to a new volunteers Kelly and Hugh.

We put the M.C. guys to work raking along the paddock wall, and building tires walls. Thanks again for your continued support.

Norm worked on lots of projects,and was a big help and helped me plan and organize resources all day.  A big thanks to you.

Norm and Paul will be back out on Mon to finish up tires etc as we have our first rental of the season on Tues. Norm will also be kept busy as the Tech pad is all prepped for concrete to arrive Mon as well. If you are available, come out.

A big thanks again to all who made it.  We could not get this much done this soon w/o your efforts.
Sorry if I missed thanking anyone. We will likely have another work party soon, so stay tuned.

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Re: Work Party Announcment
Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2013 at 9:16pm

I did forget a big thanks to Brian Nuttal for coming out and helping us with his tractor. This is a big help and very much appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print