Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Work Party Announcement 2014 (Read 4,321 times)
Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Home of Road Racing in B.C.
Work Party Announcement 2014
Jan 29th, 2014 at 11:38am

We are planning to have our first official work party of 2014.

Date:  Saturday 1 Mar 2014
Time: 8 am
Where: at the track

We would appreciate any one who can come out and pitch in with some of our projects.
Of course you will be given track credits for your efforts, a free lunch, and lots of thanks.
**I  would ask that you email myself if you think you will be coming out. This will help us to plan the projects and lunch etc
If you want to bring any tools or equipment out such as rakes, shovels, power tools, etc, that would be helpful. We have some, but probably not enough for every one.

Some things that we plan to work on are:

1. Tire Walls. Assist Paul Higgins. Build some more tire bundles and straighten Turn 2.

(10+ people needed )

2. Grandstands. Assist Rod Davison.  Replace some boards, pressure wash, etc.
(2-4 people needed )

3.General cleanup. Paddock area and track where needed. Keith Robinson has a pretty good idea of where work is required.
(4-6 people needed )

So come out, have some fun with your fellow club members, break a sweat, and enjoy a free lunch and some race credits for your efforts.

Come anytime you like. You do not need to stay all day, or come at 8 am.  If you can only spare 4 hours or even 2, it all helps.

Thanks,
Tim Rosche

trackops@sccbc.net

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2014 at 6:11am by Forum Admin »  

Am I getting under your skin yet? Good. Then my plan is working

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Re: Work Party Announcment 2014
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2014 at 6:57pm

A big thanks to all the people who volunteered their time today at the track for our first Work Party of 2014.
Especially since it was bitterly cold and snowing.

Paul Higgins, Rod Davison, Al Harvey, Stanton Guy, Rich Fukui, Al Baker, Andrew  ,
Keray and Heather Mcewan, Shane Bourel ( who rode his MC all the way from Richmond! ) Sorry if I forgot anyone. Nice to see some of our newest members out to support the track ops.

We worked primarily on rebuilding the Turn 2 tire wall. Also some grandstand maintenance.  Alot was accomplished considering the conditions. Our main objective is to make things safer and give them a better appearance.

As this was my last ‘official’ work party as Track Operations Chairman, I would like to thank everyone who has been able donate their valuable time and expertise to helping with various projects over the past 2 seasons.
It really makes a big difference when many people are able to work together on some of the huge tasks that we have accomplished together.

I have learned a great deal being on the SCCBC Executive. It  really gives you a different perspective into the club. I had no idea how much work goes on behind the scenes just to put on a race w/e. Not to mention all the other aspects of running the club.

I look forward to continuing to support the new Track Operations Chairman, Ray Stec, and the new Committee. I will also continue to be the Track Booking Manager for track rentals.

See you at the track……

Tim Rosche

IP Logged

SBR1055
Spectator

Sports Car Rental

Richmond, B.C.
Re: Work Party Announcment 2014
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2014 at 8:59pm

Thanks Tim.

Shane Bourel Racing  
IP Logged

alangbaker
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: Work Party Announcement 2014
Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2014 at 2:51pm

Seconded: Thanks, Tim!

I'm glad I was able to help, and I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer...

It is a lot of work to make our fun possible, but the more of us we have putting in just a little time, the better it is for everyone.

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Re: Work Party Announcement 2014
Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 5:54am

If you want credits for your hrs, please email me your start and stop times.
Thanks,
Tim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print