Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Track change / Upgrade (Read 14,710 times)
Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Track change / Upgrade
Mar 3rd, 2015 at 12:17pm

Has there been any plans as to the Motorcross area?  Just wondering if anyone has come up with an idea to get a little more of a flowing track through turn 5-6 area.  removing a little bit of that braking area and turning it into more of an "S"  may encourge more cars and maybe bring back some people who have been away.  It seems any time a track change is made the entries go up because everyone is eager to try it.

IP Logged

Neteye
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Germany
Re: Track change / Upgrade
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:29am

For me, pictures for that kind of changes are always helpful, so i just tried to translate what i understand is your idea... if i am wrong please let me know!

With the removal of the Motorcross track, you would have plenty of room for run off, thus making the track faster before turn 5 with more or less ignoring turn 4 could be possible, and it would not influence safety too much.

I can offer to alter the virtual track to give you an idea how changes could turn out. It just takes some time Smiley

trackchange20150304.jpg (360 KB | 294 )
trackchange20150304.jpg

IP Logged

RSS
Spectator

Slow and Low

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:27am

I think he means the 5-6 area you redrew 4-5.

4-5 is the most enjoyable part of the track personally but i do agree a little different angle coming from 5 to 6 would be welcome. As of right now you get on the power and the car wants to step into that wall that is real close.

2004 Mygale SJ04
1986 Reynard FC (Sold-Bought Back-Sold Again)
Roger

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 11:36am

Oh no I like 4 , Change would to be take 5-6 more into the motorcross track , "s" like
5 would be a larger arc into the motorcross and then arc back to back straight

IP Logged

Neteye
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Germany
Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:35pm

yeah, counting corners is hard Roll Eyes

second try  Smiley

IP Logged

racestec
Pro Circuit

winning isn't everything
but losing sucks

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:27am

The current plan is to eventually flatten out the former motocross area. It has already started on the east side that area. the track realignments drawn by Peer are certainly options. The ability to "pre-drive" the changes  in the virtual world would be fantastic. With the removal of the Motocross track, a change or removal of 7A&B is now a better possibility as well. The Club now has a Track Advisory Committee that is charged with investigating and recommending changes  to the facility. You can send ideas and proposals to them as well as posting them on the forum.

Ray Stec

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 11:20am

That is much better as it will take away the heavy braking into 5 and I say leave a bit of a hill on the exit of 5 where it goes into the motorcross track  10' elevated hill  and NOW Mission will have elevation change , LOL
Also the transition to the back straight can be alot smoother , Not such a sharp angle Smiley

IP Logged

M.G.
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Mission
Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:17am

Excellent investment. How many months left on the lease again?

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:52pm

M.G. wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:17am:

Do you know something about NEW below water front condos that the rest of us don't? Wink

IP Logged

M.G.
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Mission
Reply #9 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 9:25am

Doodson wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:52pm:
M.G. wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:17am:

Do you know something about NEW below water front condos that the rest of us don't? Wink

Not quite that elaborate Mr Trump. The road course is available to have another party approach the 'owners' and take over it's operation ( ie rentals ) with a new lease commencing 2016.

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #10 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 10:36am

Who is on the Track Advisory Committee?

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Home of Road Racing in B.C.
Reply #11 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 8:46am

In my opinion, this is a waste of time and money.
The track does not need any modifications in that area.  The costs would be $50 K plus. That money should go towards a new washroom facility once and for all.
It is nice that we MAY have a chance to use some of the former M/X area, but the reality is that it will not really enhance our track.
It is too narrow of strip of land, so all we could add is more slow, lame, autocross style second gear turns. We have enough of those already.
It is unfortunate that the entire property is narrow in shape.  River on one side, with a slough on the other. This makes it challenging to make a real nice road course.
The only way this can happen is if we think big and go into the CC area. Of course this would take alot of money, co-operation, and time.
Its time to stop wasting our money on this 'little' track changes.
Women in particular, your wives, girlfriends, fans in general, want to have a proper washroom facility.
If we are ever going to take the next step, and start getting butts in the stands, this has to happen.
I personally have been pushing for this for 12 years.
I joined the executive 3 years ago, largely to make this happen.
At one point, we had the funds, we all voted, and got the go ahead. I had sourced out a wash trailer, staff to clean it, and a company to pump out the tank etc.
But some strange underlying forces, always seem to keep it from getting done.
It seems another capital expense always comes up.
A new truck, a new forklift, more paving. Yes I agree we needed some of those things, but at this rate it will never happen.
As for the plans to form a new clubhouse with washrooms etc, that has never gone further than talk.
We need washrooms plain and simple.
We have over 300 members, that need to make their voices heard and say enough is enough!
No more wasting our clubs money on unnecessary paving projects etc.
If we have the money, we should get it done finally once and for all.
A new washroom facility is one of the few capital expenses, that we can actually generate revenue from as well. We can rent it out to clients and over 10 years it will have paid for itself.
My .03 cents.

Am I getting under your skin yet? Good. Then my plan is working

IP Logged

RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

Reply #12 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:27am

Hello Tim and club members.
                                              Tim you seem to be a little out of touch lately.
    The washroom project was slated to go ahead last season however the issue with the paving in turn 7 and 9 took precedence and it was delayed. The track repair cost the club $ 70.000 . four quotes were obtained last month and the club members approved the expenditure of up to $50.000 for the project.  We have met with the builder to discuss  final details of the build , construction should start in a couple weeks time and be  ready for the first race weekend.
We are all looking forward to having this washroom ready to enhance our facility .

R Srec

IP Logged

RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

Reply #13 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:30am

OOPs   should be R STEC  . I Know that someone would comment on that, Combine poor typing skills and eyesight and that's what you get.

Cheers

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Home of Road Racing in B.C.
Reply #14 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 5:33pm

Out of touch? Perhaps. I did ask on Feb 28 who was commissioned to build the washrooms and and now including this thread, still have not got an answer. Who was chosen from the 4 quotes???

Tim Rosche wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 6:49pm:
Who have you commissioned?

RSRacer wrote on Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:27am:
Hello Tim and club members.
                                              Tim you seem to be a little out of touch lately.
    The washroom project was slated to go ahead last season however the issue with the paving in turn 7 and 9 took precedence and it was delayed. The track repair cost the club $ 70.000 . four quotes were obtained last month and the club members approved the expenditure of up to $50.000 for the project.  We have met with the builder to discuss  final details of the build , construction should start in a couple weeks time and be  ready for the first race weekend.
We are all looking forward to having this washroom ready to enhance our facility .

R Srec

Am I getting under your skin yet? Good. Then my plan is working

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print