Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GT-O class datsun 510? ka24de swap with turbo. (Read 2,508 times)
pipelinewill
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

GT-O class datsun 510? ka24de swap with turbo.
Nov 20th, 2015 at 12:28pm

hello new here so scold me if I'm posting this in the wrong place! I just bought a datsun 510 2 door. the car is getting a ka24de and a turbo. i had this setup in my 4 door and it put a huge smile on my face. however i want to actually be able to run the car on a track! I am a little confused as to what rules i will need to follow. i plan on running time attack and auto x at western speedway and mission if possible, as well as maybe hillclimbs? I was told that my engine package is not legal for scca gt class but the GT-O class on the cacc rules page looks like it would be a good fit for me, am i missing something? I don't care about being competitive, I just want to pass tech and have fun. I could be persuaded to run an sr if ka is not aloud. I am considering using s13 sla suspension and putting massive flares on the car. are such extensive suspension and body mods aloud? having some trouble navigating the cacc and scca rules pages. thank you for your help.

my old car was a 4 door street car with roll bar weighing 2200 lbs. I expect to be under 2500 lbs with full cage. the scca gcr says to use 1.5" .095 wall tubing for my cage, the cacc ruels say 1.75" .120 wall tubing, also want to make sure a halo bar is legal in my class.

IP Logged

TECHMAN
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing! It's safer

Re: GT-O class datsun 510? ka24de swap with turbo.
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 8:36am

I read CACC roll cage rules to be the same as the SCCA GCR requirement.

IP Logged

Alan_McColl
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: GT-O class datsun 510? ka24de swap with turbo.
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 2:00pm

The CACC meeting is this Sunday 22nd there is going to be a roll cage change to the rules so you could come to the meeting and get the answers you need.

Alan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print