Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
summer driver training (Read 2,522 times)
RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

summer driver training
Jun 27th, 2016 at 10:53am

Thank you to all the RDC members and volunteers who came out to make this class a great success. There were many big smiles from the students who had a great time learning how to race. Hopefully we will see some of them in the novice program soon. There were also many inquiries on how to volunteer track side. We certainly need help in this regard and new workers are always welcome.
R stec

IP Logged

WolfpackNorth
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Re: summer driver training
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 8:16pm

I was there!  You guys (and gals) put on a great course.  The old saying "cheap at twice the price" would be a massive understatement!

I'm doing the paperwork for my novice license now!

Dylan (in the #7 white Porsche - not a black Mustang!)

IP Logged

racestec
Pro Circuit

winning isn't everything
but losing sucks

Re: summer driver training
Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 8:24am

The last class was one of the best ever! half the students got a perfect score on their exams and the class achieved the highest overall score that I can remember. Some very talented drivers in this latest crop, hopefully many of them will put their skills to good use racing on the track. Having our course priced at a level that is affordable to many is our way of hopefully introducing potential racers into our sport, because we all know, racing is not cheap and the first step should not be cost prohibitive. We are fortune that we have such a terrific group of volunteers (both instructors and officials) who devote their time and talents. If we had to pay for their services, the course would be hugely more expensive Wink

Ray Stec

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print