Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newb novice questions (Read 4,055 times)
WolfpackNorth
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Newb novice questions
Jul 12th, 2016 at 1:38pm

Hey ladies and gents! 
I just got my novice license (thanks Doug!) and I'm planning on being in the Aug 6th race and was hoping to unload a few newb questions all at once to save forum space.  Smiley

How far before a race does the registration link on the site become active?  I went to sign up today but no link yet and can't find it on Motorsportsreg.

Would anyone have a sample schedule of what a Saturday looks like, in terms of when driver's meetings are, when practice sessions run, when qualifying runs, when the races run/end, what time beer is consumed afterwards, etc?  Just so I can be as prepared as possible.

I've got my car in a trailer and noticed a lot of vehicles parked there on non-race days.  Do people from out of town come on Friday, park trailers/motorhomes there, hit the hotel, then come back in Saturday morning?

I need my own transponder for timing, but can rent one on the day, right?  Any suggestions on which one to buy for long term use?

For race numbers for the cars... You provide your own decals, right?

Thanks, looking forward to meeting the rest of you guys next month!

IP Logged

ThirdGenRobbie
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Mission, BC
Re: Newb novice questions
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 3:22pm

Generally registration opens a few weeks before the scheduled race event, sometimes earlier, sometimes later.

If I remember correctly the Novice closed wheel group is last in the rotation of run groups on Saturday, but don't quote me on that... Alcohol is not permitted until 5pm after all the race sessions are over.

The gates open on Friday evening at 5pm for folks to set up and get ready for the weekend ahead, unless there is a practice day on that Friday. Registration and tech open up at this time, and close at 7pm.

You can rent transponders from the club, but I would suggest getting your own. Not sure what's best, I just use whatever came with the car Smiley

If I recall correctly, there was a time where the club sold numbers... However I suggest getting your own personal set made up by a local decal shop (I use NuTek Signs in Mission, very high quite work for very cheap cost) as you may want different colour/outlines.

Welcome to the club!

Save it for the track!

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 3:27pm

Hello whomever you are...

Congrats on getting your license.
The link should be up by now but I'm a little behind. It will be up shortly.

You can download the schedules from the previous race weekends from the Schedule page of the SCCBC website. Be sure to look at a CACC race and not the recent ICSCC (Conference) race.

You can usually drop off your trailer after 5 PM the night before and go through registration and get your paddock space set up.

You can rent a Transponder from the club, or a few individuals who have them for rent. If you want to purchase you have to buy the X2 Car Transponders from MyLaps.com.

You provide your own numbers. Also usually available for purchase at the front gate on race weekends.

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

WolfpackNorth
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 4:01pm

Thanks guys!
I'll order the X2 transponder.  It looks like it's basically a subscription service, right? 

Oh and a brief intro!  I'm Dylan Couper, going to be #14.  Driving a 2001 silver IPE Z06 that Stew Hansen drove last year.  Might be silver and black by the time I get it there.  I'll probably put a big green "N" on the back of it.  Smiley

Do most people coming in from out of town stay at the Best Western for convenience (and hot tub?)

Cheers!
Dylan

IP Logged

racestec
Pro Circuit

winning isn't everything
but losing sucks

Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2016 at 8:20am

The Best Western did at one time offer a "Racer Discount". You might want to ask about that to see if they still offer it.

Ray Stec

IP Logged

WolfpackNorth
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 7:59am

I checked, they do!  They gave me a few room rates that seemed about 20% off give or take.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print