Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Window net mounting (Read 2,934 times)
RadioRon
Novice

Langley BC
Window net mounting
Jul 12th, 2016 at 6:31pm

Is there a preference or rule requirement about which way the upper spring loaded bar goes on the driver's window net mounting?   I mean, is the handle that you push/pull on to put the net in place supposed to go towards the front of the car or towards the back?  On my net, there is a handle at one end of the bar and a spring loaded pin at the other end.

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Re: Window net mounting
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 6:46pm

I would suggest spring loading at the back; much easier for you to line up the front where you can see it from the seat!
There is no 'rule' that I am aware of.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

RadioRon
Novice

Langley BC
Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 7:21pm

Thanks Keith.  What you suggest is the way my old one was mounted, but being a newbie, I didn't know what the emergency workers expect.

IP Logged

db
Senior Racer

What would Johnny Canuck
do?

Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 7:42am

RadioRon wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 7:21pm:
Thanks Keith.  What you suggest is the way my old one was mounted, but being a newbie, I didn't know what the emergency workers expect.

As a worker I can tell you that almost every window net I have seen has had the spring at the rear and the handle at the front.  It's easier for us to see when we approach the car, and we don't have to look back into the car between the seat and the door frame to find the handle to release it in a hurry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print