Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Selling Area 27 track days (Read 3,241 times)
ReDRuM
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Selling Area 27 track days
Aug 15th, 2017 at 4:56pm

I can bring a guest for track day. They must have some track training course done ( certificate ). Cost $600. If anyone is interested and I'll then let them know of the dates. I'll need a deposit. I usually go on days when there are only a few cars on the track which means you can get upto 8 20 minute sessions in and lots of space to play Smiley
Cheers
text 604 832 8228

IP Logged

Doug F
Novice

West Kelowna, BC
Re: Selling Area 27 track days
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 11:13am

I thought it cost $100 to bring a guest?

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.”
- Steve McQueen

IP Logged

Rye
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2017 at 9:11pm

That's $100 to the track and the rest to the member who shelled out $45K for the membership, plus annual fees. $600 is what commercial track day groups are charging.

I just spent the day at Area 27 with Manj (ReDRuM) and had a blast! Had a total of 7 twenty minute sessions, with about 6-10 cars per group. Don't know how that compares to the commercial groups, but it was plenty for me.

I would recommend taking the opportunity to drive this excellent track to anybody, regardless of whether you go with a commercial operator like R&P, or get connected with a member, such as Manj.

Richard

IP Logged

ReDRuM
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:06pm

Doug F wrote on Aug 24th, 2017 at 11:13am:
I thought it cost $100 to bring a guest?

Absolutely Doug, if you have a very very good friend with membership, Area 27 accepts $100. A member can bring a guest 5 times per year.
One can go with a group, but if the group is close to limit then likely the number of track sessions during that day can  drop down by up to 30% for that day. For those who don't live in the Okanagan, that's a fair distance to travel for less than max sessions. I've been on the track several times where there's only two or three drivers at Area 27 - Happy days! You can drive and drive and drive.
Yes, the other option is to pay $45000 plus tax , plus $3000 per year. There are currently about 30 memberships left, I believe ( limited to 300 ). The membership is well worth it !

I'm heading up there again shortly if anyone wants to make the trip. I often choose mid week as usually there are very few on the track at that time. I go every month. Im fairly sure that it costs a bit more than $600 to go for a track day at Laguna Seca.

You can see videos of the track on Youtube. It's been deemed one of the best tracks in North America!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print