Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
**SOLD** 1991 Miata race car (Read 1,609 times)
RadioRon
Novice

Langley BC
**SOLD** 1991 Miata race car
Oct 21st, 2017 at 10:59am

For sale:  1991 Mazda Miata Race Car
The Miata is one of the most successful and popular sports cars ever made and this one is a great example, all set up and ready for road racing.   It is capable of running in a variety of classes with little or no modification, including GTL, GTU, IP3, IPE, Vintage and Spec Miata.    The car was campaigned as a GTL in 2017, an IP3 car in 2016 and GTL for a few years before that.  Up to 2008 it was a Spec Miata racer.

Well suited to both Novice and seasoned veteran, this Miata is readily converted to Spec Miata for those interested in one of the most fun and competitive classes in amateur racing today.  Otherwise, the car is accepted in those other classes at Mission as well as Conference races at all northwest road racing tracks. 

Fresh from the 2017 racing season, having been driven at Mission Raceway just this last October 14 and 15, this is a proven car, not a project.  It has a history at Mission having been raced here since 2012 and has current 2017 Technical/Safety approval.   The car is suited to any level of driver experience from novice to seasoned pro.   It handles like a dream, puts out a competitive amount of power, and is in race-ready condition.    It’s not a show car, it’s a race car, but it’s clean.
I’m selling because I am retiring from racing.  The car’s recent lap times do not accurately reflect its true capability because I’m a rubbish driver.  I believe that in the right hands the car could do very well.  If you are a beginner, then rest assured that this car is the right platform on which to train.  Racers know that momentum cars, those with good handling and modest horsepower, are best for building a proper foundation for your skills and racecraft.

Think you are too tall for a Miata?  I’m 6’3” and very comfortable in this one.  It has been tweaked to fit taller drivers, but is easily adapted to shorter ones too.

Features include:
•      1991 Miata, yellow, with factory hardtop
•      Interior fully prepared including custom gauges, detachable steering wheel, stripped interior, race mirror, custom window net, 6 point belt setup
•      MiataCage safety cage with custom reinforcements
•      Fresh 1.6 L Mazda engine:  New head, timing belt, clutch, starter
•      Racing Beat stainless header with custom exhaust
•      CSF aluminum racing radiator (this car runs cool)
•      Mazda Torsen limited slip differential
•      MazdaSpeed adjustable suspension
•      New Kirkey aluminum race seat
•      Fresh set of race tires; Toyo Proxes RR on Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 lightweight wheels (15x7)
•      Set of four Toyo RA1 rain tires in good condition on 15x7 wheels
•      AFFF (foam) fire system for driver, engine and trunk, freshly refilled, ESS brand
•      Dual tank custom endurance fuel system includes Fuel Safe fuel cell
•      Lightweight battery
•      Fresh alignment and suspension setup (corner weighted)
•      Factory service manual included
•      Up-to-date Vehicle log books included (CACC and SCCA)
-       Includes nearly-new Mylaps X2 Transponder

Formerly owned by successful  drivers including noted Vintage driver Dennis Repel, Spec Miata Champion driver Tracey Hazard of Surrey BC, and well known Sports Racing driver Bill Bachofner of Battleground, Washington.

If you are comparing prices, note that when it comes to a Canadian buying a Miata race car in the US, you multiply US Dollar price x 1.41 to find your out-of-pocket cost.    So buy in Canada, it’s cheaper!

Price is firm at Can$9000

I also have an enclosed trailer for sale. 

Contact Ron via email at rvanderhelm  at  telus dot net

« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2017 at 5:46am by Forum Admin »  

IP Logged

RadioRon
Novice

Langley BC
Re: For Sale 1991 Miata race car
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2017 at 1:34pm

Car is SOLD.  Thanks for looking.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print