Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For sale: Miata 1.6L engine parts (Read 1,613 times)
RadioRon
Novice

Langley BC
For sale: Miata 1.6L engine parts
Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:10pm

I am parting out the remains of my Loynings-built 1.6L Miata race engine.  It threw a rod in #4 cylinder and left holes in the block and oil pan.   

Head + Cams. These cams are not stock, they are made by Web Camshafts (Riverside Calif.) and are part number 37-002 and they appear to be in good shape. Cost around $600 when new I think. The ports have had some work done. Asking $150 for the head with cams.

ECU - a Mazda B61P ECU, this one has an increased rev limit (7500 I think) and was paired with this engine. ECU-$75

Cam Angle Sensor, $40
Valve cover, $40
Intake manifold with fuel rail and injectors, SOLD
Airflow meter box, $40
Pulleys, idlers, and other hardware, offers

There are likely three undamaged cylinders which may be of interest to the enthusiast since the rods are Carillo and the pistons are JE 3.110 bore. While quite expensive when new, I don't know if these parts have much value as a used set of three. If you buy the entire package, you get all these too.  I will probably pull out the ruined rod and piston and frame them for my Wall of Infamy, to be hung right beside the Honda Civic fourth gear transmission cog with the torn up teeth (thanks JP)

I will sell the entire engine with the above parts in one lot if interested.

Contact Ron at rvanderhelm at telus dot net or PM on this forum.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 2:43pm by RadioRon »  

IP Logged

RadioRon
Novice

Langley BC
Re: For sale: Miata 1.6L engine parts
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 10:08am

All parts are sold except for the the valve cover, three Carillo rods and three pistons, a timing belt, and well, that's about it.  The old block is going to the scrapyard along with the oil pump.  I'm going to make the crankshaft into a trophy.  It will be like they do in bowling leagues, this will be my Tail End trophy, Ha ha.

IP Logged

RadioRon
Novice

Langley BC
Re: For sale: Miata 1.6L engine parts
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:49pm

The valve cover is still available if anybody needs one.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print