Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
**SOLD** RACE PACKAGE – CAR & TRAILER (Read 1,063 times)
vmachine
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

**SOLD** RACE PACKAGE – CAR & TRAILER
Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:24am

($17, 000 Firm) - Contact Marc at marvarty65@gmail.com / 778.957.0810

CAR:  1990 MAZDA MIATA RACE CAR - Price: Can$8,500
The Miata is one of the most successful and popular sports cars ever made and this one is a great example, all set up and ready for road racing.   It is capable of running in a variety of classes with little or no modification, including GTL, GTU, IP3, IPE, Vintage and Spec Miata. The car was run as a IP3 from 2014 to 2017 and Spec Miata before that.
Well suited to both Novice and seasoned veteran, this Miata is readily converted to Spec Miata for those interested in one of the most fun and competitive classes in amateur racing today.  Otherwise, the car is accepted in those other classes at Mission as well as Conference races at all northwest road racing tracks. 
Fresh from the 2017 racing season, having been driven at Mission Raceway just this last October, this is a proven car and race ready. “Arrive and drive”.  It has run at Portland but mainly at Mission having been raced here since 2014 and has current 2017 Technical/Safety approval.   The car is suited to any level of driver experience from novice to seasoned pro.   It handles like a dream, puts out a competitive amount of power, and is in race-ready condition.   It’s not a show car, it’s a race car, but it’s clean.
I’m selling because I am retiring from racing.  The car’s recent lap times averaging 1.21, do not accurately reflect its true capability because of the driver not the car.  In the right hands the car could do very well.  If you are a beginner, then rest this car is the right platform on which to begin your racing career.  Racers know that momentum cars, those with good handling and modest horsepower, are best for building a proper foundation for your skills and racecraft.
Think you are too tall for a Miata?  I’m 6’2” and very comfortable in this one, but is easily adapted to shorter ones too.

Features include:
•      1990 Miata, yellow, with factory hardtop
•      Interior fully prepared including custom gauges, detachable steering wheel, stripped interior, race mirror, new 2018 custom window net, 6 point belt setup
•      Safety cage with custom reinforcements
•      1.6 L Mazda engine:   
•      CSF aluminum racing radiator (this car runs cool)
•      Mazda Torsen limited slip differential
•      MazdaSpeed adjustable suspension
•      Brand new / Fresh set of race tires; Hoosier on lightweight wheels (15x7)
•      Additional two sets of practice tires (2017) and wheels all mounted (on lightweight wheels (15x7)
•      Set of mounted Hoosier rain tires in good condition on 15x7 wheels
•      Fire system for driver, engine and trunk.
•      Lightweight battery
•      Fresh alignment and suspension setup
•      Up-to-date Vehicle log books included (CACC and SCCA)
•      Includes wired in board Mylaps Transponder

Serviced and maintained by Specialty Engineering (Andy and Tracey)
If you are comparing prices, note that when it comes to a Canadian buying a Miata race car in the US, you multiply US Dollar price x 1.25 and don’t forget brokers / import fees.    So buy in Canada, it’s cheaper!

(Tools available if interested)

ENCLOSED CAR TRAILER (20FT) - Price: Can$8,500.
I'm selling my 20 foot enclosed car trailer. It is set up for racing with tool box, fuel drum and wheel storage. It is in good very condition.
THIS TRAILER IS TOTALLY RACE READY SET UP.
Features:
White exterior
36" side door
Rear ramp door with spring assist, with 16” ramp flap extension
Two drop  axles,  each axle rated 3500lbs, GVWR 8,000 lbs.
Interior length 20’5”, interior width 96”
Platform height 19”, Beavertail at rear
Overall height 100”
Hitch ball size 2 5/16”      
Electric brakes
Four heavy duty bolted floor D-ring tie downs
Numerous other tie down rings

Includes extras:
Tool box and front shelf (see photo)
Four vehicle ratchet tie-downs, 2in x 7 foot, Erickson, 3300 lb rating each
Side Door storage
And much more