Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
All Rotary Event Next Year (Read 1,597 times)
Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
All Rotary Event Next Year
Nov 24th, 2018 at 5:52pm

I was asked to report this and get some feedback from those who would be interested:

Recently some of us local rotor heads in the Pacific Northwest were brainstorming some ideas and I mentioned how I've always wanted to have an all rotary feature race. We got to talking and all of us decided how special it would be to have 25+ rotaries on the track all at the same time with our own run group. I've decided to take the cool idea and dream to the next step and try and make it a reality. Most of the time these days there is usually only three - five rotaries at any given race weekend. The hope is to change that and bring everyone together for a Rotary Reunion Race.

What we'd like to do is petition for our own run group during a feature race at Portland International Raceway next year. What were trying to do isn't so much focused on wheel to wheel racing but more or less an exhibition for all of us to celebrate our passion and love for our cars and for rotaries. There are some options in which we will explore as far as which race we decide on. But the first step is gauging interest from all of you. Us rotor heads all share the same passion of going fast with our little loud motors, and I feel it would be an awesome experience and a historic event to all come together to share the track for one feature race and make a bunch of noise in the Northwest! The hope is to include everyone, and invite local rotary street car communities to put together a big car corral and gathering of street cars as well.

The potential events we could reach out to are as follow:

The Rose Cup Races organized by FOPIR (July 13th and 14th)
Portland Vintage Racing Festival organized by SVRA (July 25th - 28th)
Dash for Kids Races organized by ICSCC (August 16th-18th)

We will only be having one race this is just a list of potentials. Although each of these events is organized by different sanctioning bodies, respectively they each put together and organize a great race weekend. If there is enough interest from our rotary community and we can present one of them with a list of 20-30+ verbal commitments of drivers who plan to attend, I feel we have a good chance of getting on the schedule for our own run group for one of those weekends. Sanctioning bodies are always looking for more entries and collectively we could provide them with a great field of cars that would put on a great show for fans. If the interest is there we will decide on an event date and try to formulate a list in the future.

We would most likely break down the group into three classes for formal purposes. One being GT cars. One being production cars. One being touring and vintage cars. As long as it's a Mazda and has a rotary in it, we want it on the track! The goal is simple: Celebrate our love for rotaries, enjoy sharing the track together in a safe and clean environment, and have fun!

If you, your friend, or even your friends friend might have any interest in taking part in this historic event please let me know. I have reached out to a lot of the local rotary community along the west coast, but I most certainly know of a lot more cars and drivers that I don't have direct emails for. My hope is that you can either forward this email onto them or let them know about what we're trying to do. The more people we can spread this info to, the more fun we all will have together! Even if your car has been sitting for a while we hope that you can wipe the dust off and come have some fun again!

(to be continued...)

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Re: All Rotary Event Next Year
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 5:53pm

Thanks for all of your time. If you have an interest in being a part of this event let me know, along with any questions or suggestions you may have. Please share this info with your friends and be sure to give me their email to add them to this thread. I want everyone to be included. As soon as I start to get some feedback from everyone we can evaluate our options to proceed and will continue to update everyone. What we're aiming towards, is for this to be a large gathering of rotary racing passion. Zoom-Zoom!

PS: I created an email thread, but didn't have your direct email. Please send me your email address and I will add you to our thread which includes everyone else.

Best Regards,

-Austin Bradshaw
Flying Bye Photo
flyingbyephoto.com
971-264-8775

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print