Formula Vee race car in any condition.

IP Logged

ThirdGenRobbie
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Mission, BC
Re: Want to buy
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 8:38am

Price range? What are you looking to do with it? Race it? Showpiece? Autocross? There’s a couple for sale around the lower mainland but some more information would help me steer you in the right direction.

Cheers, Robbie

Save it for the track!

IP Logged

Ken W.
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Langley
Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 10:25am

I am looking for a Formula Vee to race this year. I am a rookie and need to get through the race driver course in March, which I have completed once before, then qualify for a license. I am interested in looking at any FV cars out there. I have lots of fabricating/mechanical experience on cars and motorcycles so would be interested in a car that needs repair or prep, or a race ready car.  Thanks for your response. I look forward to making contacts in the FV group so any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

IP Logged

ThirdGenRobbie
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Mission, BC
Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 2:59pm

Give my father a call at (604) 615-2666 Scott Arthur. We have a rental vee available, or he can send you in a direction on buying a car. Our family has been in vee racing for 52 years, so you’re in the right place!

Save it for the track!

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 3:15pm

If you haven't registered; www.motorsportreg.com opens tomorrow!

Ken W. wrote on Jan 19th, 2020 at 10:25am:
I am looking for a Formula Vee to race this year. I am a rookie and need to get through the race driver course in March, which I have completed once before, then qualify for a license. I am interested in looking at any FV cars out there. I have lots of fabricating/mechanical experience on cars and motorcycles so would be interested in a car that needs repair or prep, or a race ready car.  Thanks for your response. I look forward to making contacts in the FV group so any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Ken W.
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Langley
Reply #5 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:04am

I would like to make contacts in the local FV community.  I've heard there is a FB group but am unable to find them.  Any names with contact info, especially anyone selling an FV would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:56am

See this from previusly!

Give my father a call at (604) 615-2666 Scott Arthur. We have a rental vee available, or he can send you in a direction on buying a car. Our family has been in vee racing for 52 years, so you’re in the right place!

Great place to start.

IP Logged

ThirdGenRobbie
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Mission, BC
Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2020 at 8:45am

Ken,

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?86784-Protoform-P-2

I’ve attached a link of a car down in Oregon that I used to race with in the states. I’ve seen it up close and the workmanship is top notch stuff. The price reflects that but it is a car that you buy and win races with immediately. Not to mention that Protoforms are quite accommodating and roomy, so pretty much any body type will fit. I know guys that are 6’3 and 240 lbs that drive these cars.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/formulaveeracingusa/?ref=share

This is the Formula Vee Racing USA Facebook page, mostly good for the history of the class, I rarely see cars up for sale on there.

https://www.facebook.com/arthurmotorsportsfv/

This is our team’s Facebook page, there you can see what our rental program is like and a little bit about where we go and what we do.

https://youtu.be/z_bN1yqOuNw

Finally, if you’re really interested in racing FV at Mission, I have plenty of races documented on my YouTube channel including this video, which used to be the FV lap record, before I took our rental FV out and shaved another .080 off.

Let’s get you racing!

Save it for the track!

IP Logged

Ken W.
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Langley
Reply #8 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 2:46pm

ThirdGenRobbie, thank you very much for your response.  I am currently in Australia but am checking out the links you sent and will be actively pursuing a Vee to buy when I return. Thanks again!

IP Logged

purple_tortoise
Senior Racer

I'd give my right arm
to be ambidextrous

BC
Reply #9 - Feb 28th, 2020 at 2:19pm

Give me an email.  I have a competitive car and a garage full of spare parts.
Car has been neglected (by me) for a few years.
Ex David van Amberg -
Motor by Quixote racing etc...
James Dallimore.
Gts328@yahoo.com

It's not whether you win or lose ......... it's whether I win.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print