Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
**SOLD** 1990 Lazer MKII Formula Vee for sale (Read 431 times)
186racing
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

**SOLD** 1990 Lazer MKII Formula Vee for sale
Oct 20th, 2021 at 1:10pm

Car is sold. Thanks

Selling my 1990 Lazer MKII. I purchased this car at the beginning of the season to get into FV, and have run it for 5 race weekends, total of approx 25 sessions. The car was modified by the previous owner to fit a very large driver, apparently he was 6''5 and about 280lbs.

It was a well done modification, although it initially caused overheating issues the PO added intake ducting before I bought it and the car has never overheated since I've had it,

Since purchase, I have added/replaced all 4 drums, bearings, re-foamed the fuel cell, updated the belts, new battery, rebuilt carb, and a bunch of little stuff.

Car has what I was told is a regional level Autowerks engine, rebuilt last year by Vallis Motorsport.

I have no idea what the gearing is in the transmission. Guessing its a short box setup

Car comes with a CDS data logger and dash with GPS, in cockpit brake bias controller, new LED rain light, Penske Red shocks, spare nose cone, spare set of drums, F1200 spec wheels and tires (Falken), and a bin of old spares I haven't even looked at yet.

Have log books with photos going back 20 years or more and all original build sheets etc, basically a box of records for the car.

It's a really good car, but I have no need for the extra room it was modified for, and have just bought a new smaller cockpit Vee for myself. After running it for the entire season, I think the car would benefit from a better carb (I borrowed one that came from Quixote Racing for my last session and found it made a big difference). The new intakes the PO installed/made are a little hokey, although they work great, and if I was keeping the car I would have them done properly in all fiberglass.

Trying to be upfront with everything as well, on last weigh-in car was 1077 with me (I'm around 190lbs plus gear) and about 1/2 gal of fuel, and I think most of the excess weight could be removed by redoing the body in a lighter fiberglass with integrated Kevlar intrusion protection, and getting rid of the aluminum inner cockpit shell. The new cockpit fibreglass the PO did when the chassis was widened is too thick in my opinion and is likely causing the excess weight.

Car sounds great and is very responsive, feels fantastic in the corners.

I paid $8500 CAD for it earlier this year and have put about $2000 CAD in parts and updates into it so far, (total $10,500 CAD), but I don't think its worth that much. Money is not as important to me as being honest and upfront, so I'm asking $8000 CAD ($6500 USD) for the car. Located in Vancouver, BC Canada.

pics attached show car as it is now in purple. Other photos are what the car looked like before it was modified by the previous owner. I have a youtube channel as well I can link you to for videos of the car on track from the cockpit perspective.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2021 at 8:32am by 186racing »  

IMG_3984.JPG (330 KB | 92 )
IMG_3984.JPG
IMG_4023_reduced.jpg (517 KB | 97 )
IMG_4023_reduced.jpg
IMG_3774.JPG (60 KB | 94 )
IMG_3774.JPG
IMG_3775.JPG (53 KB | 95 )
IMG_3775.JPG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print