Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Concession (Read 3,387 times)
Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Home of Road Racing in B.C.
New Concession
May 21st, 2010 at 1:31pm

What do you think of the new concession?
At first I was not too keen of it. But then I tried the food.
It was not too bad.  But they have a very limited menu.
And they are not the friendliest people I have ever met either. Also, I doubt they will ever be able to keep up on a busy w/e like the next ICSCC double header or during the Childrens Charity w/e.
Anyone know why we got a new Concession anyways?
Was there a problem with the old one?

Am I getting under your skin yet? Good. Then my plan is working

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Re: New Concession
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2010 at 2:12pm

Maybe we should look into getting 2 different ones? and some of those little donuts wouldnt hurt either Grin

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Home of Road Racing in B.C.
Reply #2 - May 21st, 2010 at 5:48pm

Too many little donuts = slower lap times
2 competing ones would be good though.  But most of these guys do not want any competition.

Am I getting under your skin yet? Good. Then my plan is working

IP Logged

jrez
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2010 at 6:00pm

I actually liked the food, but I don't honestly remember the other concession except that it was larger. Friendlynesswise, they seemed fine to me, except maybe a little overwhelmed. Another one somewhere would make sense.

1984 #777 Scirocco IP2(LOL) &&1985 M52 BMW 3 series&&1973 Super Beetle auto-x&&2005 Ford Powerstroke&&
IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #4 - May 21st, 2010 at 8:05pm

The concession we have is subcontracted to Valley Catering who now supply the worker lunches and Saturday evening dinners. We had numerous complaints from workers about the selection and quality of food over the last couple of years so we had to make a change.

Valley Caterers does not have a catering truck like we're used to so they sub-contracted to the person who has been at the track for the last 3 race weekends. The volunteers have been raving abut the improved quality of their meals so we will definitely be staying with Valley for the remainder of the season.

If we have issues with the person supplying the food wagon for the racers and spectators then we can make inquiries about making a change there. Despite a few of the previous comments, we do not have enough non-volunteer people on-site to justify a second lunch wagon as the one we have is only getting mediocre business at best. I wouldn't count on the ICSCC weekend being as big a draw as you may think. Last year our CACC weekends had larger turnouts than our Conference weekends for a change.

There will be some added selection on the CCGP weekend as we will have a larger crowd-base which will justify a larger selection of food and other goodies.

Thanks for the input.

Marc

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print