Send Topic Print
Thanks! (Read 5,275 times)
s2k
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Thanks!
Jun 29th, 2010 at 5:18am

A thank you I had hopped I would never have to write and one that is a little overdue.

Skills ran out on Sunday and ended with a dented car and a bruised ego but a lot of confidence in how safe all of the volunteers keep us.  Everyone did a great job with making sure I was all right. Thank you.

I also want to thank all the drivers and crews for their concern and pep talks, I've never been involved in anything with such a sense of family.
This is now my 3rd season at the track and as a member of the club and I am amazed and thankful for how much I have been accepted into your world.

Hopefully I'll see you all again in a month.

Garry Bone,
#46 Honda S2000

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
Ex Member

Re: Thanks!
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 5:45am

Glad to hear you are OK, Gary, and that the car is repairable.

Mike

IP Logged

RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 7:34am

yes we are fortunate to have a fine group of volunteers to keep us safe when we are on track.
On track we are competitors off track we are all part of the racing family. Very glad you are OK.

IP Logged

Bullet Racing
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 1:38pm

I also want to thank the Volunteers for all the hard work they continue to do.
Without all these different groups from the SCCBC Executive, Emergency Crew, Corner Workers, Medical staff, Race Control, Timing and Scoring, SOUND, and of course Towing (which I wish we used less) and the many others I haven't listed we would not be able to have any of these weekends I enjoy so much.

Thank you for giving us your valuable time.

Steve Paquette

IP Logged

Boo
Spectator

Damn it's cold over here

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 3:13pm

I heard about you going in at 3 over the radio and am glad to hear the car is fixable and you're okay.  Fast car and a driver that continues to get faster, you're always great to watch from the corners.

See you when you're fixed.  And as I like to say in skiing.. if you're not falling you're not trying hard enough.  Within moderation of course.

- Evan, typically turn 7

Evan Fraser&&Turnworker / Hopeful Kart Racer

IP Logged

RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

Reply #5 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 6:56am

Thanks for your story Tracey, Your Son and Father would be most welcomed, and would immediately be a part of the family.

RS

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print