Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Childrens Charity Auction Goodies!! (Read 4,706 times)
Rob Dyck
Senior Racer

Childrens Charity Auction Goodies!!
Jul 17th, 2010 at 7:33pm

Good day,

On behalf of all of us at Generations Racing Team we wish to donate the following items to be auctioned for the Childrens charity:

1- 2010 Grand Prix of Canada Hat signed by the Legend and Triple World Champion: Sir Jackie Stewart

1- 2010 Grand Prix of Canada Hat signed by Sauber drivers Del la Rosa and Kobayashi TOGETHER with a 2010 Grand Prix T-shirt signed by the entire Sauber F1 team at the 2010 F1 race including Mr. Peter Sauber himself!

1- 2010 Grand Prix of Montreal T-shirt signed by the following drivers: Button, Fittipaldi, Luizzi, Massa, Kubica, Del la Rosa, Kobayashi and Eddie Jordan. Included with this is a 2010 Montreal F1 program with the Provisional Starting Grid Sheet given to the teams.

Finally, Chinook Helicopters of Abbotsford has generously offered one instructional hour of helicopter flight time with yours truly doing the teaching. This is valued at $500.00! This is not just a ride, for one person this is HANDS ON helicopter flying with a qualified Class One Instructor. For ONE HOUR you will be with me in a dual controlled helicopter and you will be flying the helicopter!! If ever there was a chance to see if you have the "right stuff" this is it!! Taking off from the Abbotsford airport, see the Mission Raceway park from the air and actually be flying a helicopter!!

http://www.chinookhelicopters.com/

So, if someone could get back to me, we can discuss the details.

Rob Dyck

604 852 6171 or

robdyck@yahoo.com

« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2010 at 4:01am by Rob Dyck »  

IP Logged

ryano
Pro Circuit

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: Childrens Charity Auction Goodies!!
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 4:27am

Sorry Rob - this one slipped by me.  Email sent.

Ryan

IP Logged

Rob Dyck
Senior Racer

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 5:26am

Ok, had a talk with Ryan....no auction this year. Bummer but I understand why.....

The items will still go to benefit the charity, I am unsure how at the moment but I will come up with something. Grin

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 6:21pm

You know the Honda Challenge is always looking for stuff like that aswell Wink

IP Logged

Rob Dyck
Senior Racer

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 3:40am

And that would benefit the charity how? I am open to ideas from the club....

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 8:15am

Rob Dyck wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 3:40am:
And that would benefit the charity how? I am open to ideas from the club....

Sorry Rob,  I misunderstood you in thinking you were donating those to the drivers/winners of the CCGP race and not the children,  my bad Embarrassed

I hear that the Honda challenge may have a NEW Honda CRZ as a pace car. Maybe pick a child to ride in it and give him/her a signed hat aswell?

IP Logged

Rob Dyck
Senior Racer

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 4:00am

Hmmmm...this is getting a little more difficult than I had hoped.

There is no silent auction so that's out. I thought to have a raffle but have been advised about the legal issues...that's out....

I thought maybe to sell it on e-bay but not alot of time for exposure there.

I thought to just give them to the kids but my issue is this, I give a kid a hat autographed by Sir Jackie Stewart they put it on backwards and in a couple days, the novelty is gone... But the money raised and given to the charity by someone who maybe watched Jackie's career? You get my point....

The helicopter lesson I will offer on the race weekend, a big jar and people put their business cards in with what they would give to the charity for the ride. Highest $$$$ number gets it and when you present your receipt from the charity, you get the certificate and go flying!
Grin

I even thought to have a "mini" auction just for the SCCBC crowd on this forum....

Again, I am open to ideas to help the kids...

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2010 at 7:25am

Rob
I'll run your generous offer past the executive and see if anyone has any good ideas  Smiley.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print