Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
NEW GTLITE SPECS FOR 2011 (Read 11,846 times)
Sign_Guy
Ex Member

NEW GTLITE SPECS FOR 2011
Sep 10th, 2010 at 5:43am

The new GTLite induction tables have been posted for 2011 on attached link. Looks like further restrictions and weight to this class in spite of numerous member requests for more air rather than smaller S.I.R.'s

http://www.gt-racecar.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4291

FWIW ???

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Re: NEW GTLITE SPECS FOR 2011
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 9:34am

Sweet , even a smaller hole to breath through Tongue
I will have to pull out of the way of the IP3 cars soon Undecided

IP Logged

Sign_Guy
Senior Racer

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:13am

I was one of about 2 dozen people who wrote to SCCA and asked for more air for the small motors rather than more restrictions for the larger motors. Nice to know they listened...

On the other hand, GTL at River's Edge is pretty much dead anyway. How many this year? 2? How many in 2011?? How many in GTU this year, compared to 2009

Embarrassed Cry

IP Logged

bunracer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 1:20pm

IP3 !?! We will have to get out of the way for IP4 cars soon.
The way this is going I will probably only take the GTL car out to SCCA events where I only have to race against other expensively slow race cars ! Just think of the fuel mileage we will get though  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 8:00pm

I only raced in SCCA for a couple of years; I found their regional people very friendly and I enjoyed racing at Bremerton, Portland and what was then SIR. But their national rules body is a joke. When a Canadian won twice in their GT5 runoffs in a CRX the next year they reduced the allowable choke size AND added TWO HUNDRED POUNDS to the race weight for all CRX's!!!! Tongue Cry

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Sign_Guy
Senior Racer

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 8:31am

If you read the chart that I posted the link to above, you will see that yes, the 3 , 4 & 5 valve cars with bigger engines got a smaller SIR for next year. BUT, they almost all got a WEIGHT REDUCTION as well. To me, it looks like they are trying to regulate speed to a level that existed when they first merged GT4 and GT5. How many 1800 cc motors were there back in the GT4 days? None I know of. Think about it!

As far a runoff winners getting changes to slow them down, well, that isn't new at all. Every single year, all runoff winner's cars get some kind of change to rein them in for the following year.

IP Logged

Sign_Guy
Senior Racer

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:02am

2011 GTLite specs have been re-written after first issue in Sept. S/B posted on SCCA Fastrack either Nov. or Dec.

http://mysite.verizon.net/dgomberg/GTL%20adjustments%20pounds%20per%20cc%20Rev%2...

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 10:08am

I seem to recall six or seven years back that the weights for HONDAs kept changing every month. I don't think they ever settled on a definitive weight before they got to SIR tubes. So, now there's two parts of the equation to mess with and the liklihood of twice the confusion until the class dies a natural death.

IP Logged

bunracer
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 11:48am

I can run an unrestricted B18C that can make an easy 250hp and weigh 1960lbs in GT3  or choke it down with a 23mm SIR that might make 160hp (at a huge cost) and weigh 2288lb in GTL ! Am I crazy to think that the GT3 numbers will be going up by at least 1 next year ? Bye Bye GTL ! Sad

IP Logged

TECHMAN
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing! It's safer

Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 2:22pm

Scca GT2 & 3 numbers have being going down in the last few years. I see a plot. GT3 cars to GT2 and GTL to GT3. Old technology vs new maybe.

IP Logged

JHCartwright
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #10 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 5:48am

I look at the fun quotient in all this.  My Honda will neatly fit into FIP in ICSCC, and I think that's where I'll go.  That will mean that I can only run one class in CACC, which would be GTU, but I don't see the fun in reducing power, when I don't have that many ponies to start with.

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #11 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 11:10am

John ,
If you went to a single thottle body fuel injection instead of Webers, a sealed airbox, and a proper SIR , I dont think you will see a big drop in the HP you currently have.  

12.5 to 1 pistons would bump your power to a nice level.

Its more about the cost of converting these cars to run lower RPM and getting more HP and torque through a small hole.

There are a several ways to make your power back after installing an sir.  You just need to do some reseach and spending money helps . LOL Grin

If you want to spend , let me know and i can piont you in the rite direction.

IP Logged

bunracer
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 11:45am

Yeah, he will probably point you in the direction of his bank account number for direct deposit ! Grin

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #13 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 2:40pm

bunracer wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 11:45am:
Yeah, he will probably point you in the direction of his bank account number for direct deposit ! Grin

I was just gonna piont him to your engine builder if he had money to throw away  Wink  Grin

IP Logged

bunracer
Pro Circuit

Ice is nice to race on
too!

Reply #14 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 2:55am

We'll just have to wait and see if it was worth it won't we ? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print