Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Way to go Big Daddy (Read 5,716 times)
LoCo
International License

Don't let this Daigo by!

Way to go Big Daddy
Sep 26th, 2010 at 6:44am

Dave Cormier in 3rd in GT2 at the Runoffs!

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." &&Mark Twain

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
Ex Member

Re: Way to go Big Daddy
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 8:00am

Well done, Dave!!!!

IP Logged

Big D
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 4:29pm

Thanks guy's. What an amazing experience. Incredible track very very fast. Was very happy with the finish cuz once I was able to get around Patton the other two guy's were too far ahead to catch really. We also had our power steering pump begin to fail at about the halfway point and the steering was becoming more and more vague with every lap. Was really having to crank the wheel around to get it to turn so we were a bit lucky there. Even if we had been able to get back in it there was no way I'd have been able to make the pass stick losing the steering like that.
As Colin said to me watch out for Peterson. He was incredibly dirty and tried to use these blade like attachments on his front fenders to try and cut a tire. Which he managed to do to Patton. Lot's of his red paint on my car. Loved it when he broke.

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 6:28pm

Congratulations Dave and crew (Stan?) that's tough racing down there!
I heard Peterson is liked in the paddock 'cause he has great BBQ's but his aggressive driving 'style' is legendary! A black flag one year when he is running up front might improve that 'style'.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

collin_Jackson
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 4:50am

Interesting discussion on Pete Peterson's race on
www.gt-racecar.com under GT2.
Some guy names himselve Buddyholly and claims Pete is not at fault.
"Even if you were still alive I would not believe you on this one Mr. Holley"

Collin J

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 8:13am

There is also considerable discussion about the process of checking the legality of Cup cars. It would seem, at least from the dialogue on the forum, that SCCA is unable to verify what a "real" Cup car is. That's the impression one gets from reading the forum, at least.

IP Logged

LoCo
International License

Don't let this Daigo by!

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 9:36am

Every single year this individual is involved in questionable altercations. I guess putting on a big Bbq for everyone takes precedent over anything else, including safety!.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." &&Mark Twain

IP Logged

Big D
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 3:16pm

The fans are always right and judging by the number of boos Peterson received he wasn't very well liked. In fact not liked by his fellow drivers either in GT3 or GT2. No BBQ either. Absolutely loved beating him and for the third time in a row this year I might add. They never really teched the cup cars not sure why. Was really hoping they would as I was thinking that would probably move us up a spot.  Smiley Stan did a great job with the car as it was really only he and I there. Can't wait to go back.

IP Logged

LoCo
International License

Don't let this Daigo by!

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 3:46pm

Dave, any talk of where the Runoffs might be after next year?

IP Logged

Big D
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 3:55pm

It's there for 3 more years.

IP Logged

Big D
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 3:59pm

Regarding the legality of the cup cars we all have to have a copy of the imsa rules with us and they are very clear. The car is to run as stock with only a couple minor changes. 2730 lbs which we were 2870 because the 2730 weight isn't achievable by anyone. Everyone is over 2800. Factory sealed and documented engine, trans and ecu. Tough to cheat but obviously it's doable if they don't check.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print