Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IP2 Acura Integra Secondary GT Class? (Read 3,784 times)
DTF
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

IP2 Acura Integra Secondary GT Class?
Apr 3rd, 2011 at 7:33pm

Just wondering if the there is a class that I can run my IP2 (CW1) Integra in CW2 such as GTM?  I have looked throught the regs and understand that the CACC allows IP legal cars to run in a GT class in another run group.  The only problem for me is the coresponding GT class in CW2 is GTM, which is for cars 2.0L to 4.0L (Ingegra is only 1.8L).

I guess what I'm asking is would I be allowed to run in GTM even though the car isn't technically legal?  I'm just looking to get a little more seat time at some of the race weekends.

Thanks,
Duncan

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Re: IP2 Acura Integra Secondary GT Class?
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 9:26pm

Now there is a good question ??? Ip Car to GT   GT being your second entry and tech IP2 Class   YES Correct ... I would believe that is a question for you to ask of the CACC Stewart Of The Meet ,, Being you are not really A GTM Car  ,,,steward@caccautosport.org
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2011 at 9:15am by Fastist12 »  

IP Logged

SSGTi
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 3:49am

DTF wrote on Apr 3rd, 2011 at 7:33pm:
Just wondering if the there is a class that I can run my IP2 (CW1) Integra in CW2 such as GTM?  I have looked throught the regs and understand that the CACC allows IP legal cars to run in a GT class in another run group.  The only problem for me is the coresponding GT class in CW2 is GTM, which is for cars 2.0L to 4.0L (Ingegra is only 1.8L).

I guess what I'm asking is would I be allowed to run in GTM even though the car isn't technically legal?  I'm just looking to get a little more seat time at some of the race weekends.

Thanks,
Duncan

Duncan,

You nailed it. That's the point of the rule, to let an IP car run a second class, either for more seat time, or for a second driver to share the car. The IP car must  be registered (and if memory serves participating) in it's IP class to be eligible for the the GT class without having all the GT safety equipment. Many of the IP cars run two classes as you've described.

You could also run West Coast if you're looking for maximum seat time.

Martin

IP Logged

Jordy Isaak
Pro Circuit

Really, how hard can it
be?

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 4:15am

Garry Bone has been running his S2000 in GTM for the past couple years, even though it has a 1997cc engine.  I'm pretty sure nobody will mind if you race your Integra in GTM.

Generations Racing

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 1:41pm

I think sergio , will be running his 1.8L acura engined /Civic in GTM.  His car is now prepped as a GT car with fuel cell , fire system.....

IP Logged

DTF
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 2:26pm

Thanks everyone for the info.  I have sent an email to Mike to see what he has to say.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print