Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ICSCC May 21, 22 - Group 1 (Read 2,226 times)
JHCartwright
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

ICSCC May 21, 22 - Group 1
May 24th, 2011 at 5:36am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXmto8b5MeE

Interesting read on the ICSCC forum on the carnage that occurred in Seattle last weekend.  It was confusing to try and figure out, but......

It looks like they had a Full Course Yellow, then went green at the starter stand, and then immediately again went to full course yellow at turn 2 and following.  One of the videos shows at least seven passes under the second full course yellow!

In particular, on the re-start, three Pro-3 cars tried to go through the kink to the straight-away at the same time!  I believe that led to the second full course yellow.

One of the comments was that those drivers that had radios had a jump on those that didn't to the green flag.  That possibly contributed to the lop-sided re-start and subsequent carnage.  It's an interesting question to consider.  If you've got a spotter that tells you it's green at the starter stand, are you allowed to start racing once past the last turn station, even if it you can't really see the starter?

Seattle is a great track, and I really enjoy racing there, but I'm glad I wasn't there this past weekend!

IP Logged

trackrat
Novice

eat,sleep, Race

Re: ICSCC May 21, 22 - Group 1
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2011 at 12:16pm

Here is group 2's race. Absolutely crazy weekend !
I LOVE that track, but drivers like these make it way too dangerous for everyone! # 70 was DQ'd and officials did watch this video.
ps. If you don't like the F bomb turn your volume off !!
    I warn you now its not pretty, who knew you could hear so clearly through a helmet  Undecided

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rriGN4D4_Qo

real racers turn right & left

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print