Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ICSCC race weekend success (Read 2,196 times)
Michael Lensen
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

ICSCC race weekend success
Jun 26th, 2011 at 12:12pm

This is a general message to every single person involved in the organization, implementation and execution of the Fast Dad`s race weekend June 18, 19.

Near the end of the weekend the Race Steward (Tom Olsen) and his Assistant (Michael Connatore) both came to me to thank SCCBC for hosting ICSCC at our track and complimented the entire team for putting on such a great event.
They were truly impressed. They said it went off without a glitch and all was well organized. "We don`t see that too often" the Steward said.

We know there were a few problems with the computer system, but thanks to Marc Ramsay and his timing/scoring team, few people even knew there was an issue..

Tech was out in full force on Friday evening, the gate was well "manned"at all times, paddock passes were checked at the second gate by Dave Nex`s sons, registration with Sarah, Barb and Marc went smoothly of course, on Friday evening a few track issues were swiftly dealt with by the three Stecs, Al Cruikshank put in a lot of extra effort closing the track on Sunday evening, we had great representation by the corners workers, E-crew is always ready, Race Control makes things look effortless (but we know how seriously they take their jobs), Gatorlady Bernice pulled several cars to safety (thanks Bernice for towing me "home" too), thanks also to Dave and Steve for keeping pregrid under control, we had Kevin in the PA booth keeping everyone informed, and Dave Bell is still counting the money (he was probably done with that Sunday afternoon).

Heaven forbid I left someone out, but if I did I sincerely apologize, your involvement is equally important.

We are all volunteers, and as a group to pull off such a successful race event without apparent issues is remarkable.
You should all be very proud of your contribution.
THANK YOU.

Michael Lensen
President SCCBC

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print