Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Call For Help - Work Weekend July 23, 24 (Read 2,618 times)
Steve Hocaluk
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

A Call For Help - Work Weekend July 23, 24
Jul 18th, 2011 at 6:10pm

Hi everyone,

Our CCGP weekend is fast approaching, and I need your help.

Currently our facility is nowhere near ready to host our biggest event of the year.  Mother nature has decided to make life difficult this summer (summer???) and extend the foliage growing season.  The excess foliage is however just one of the many things we need to accomplish in advance of the CCGP.

I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but we actually have a CCGP Media Day, Tuesday August 2nd. Local TV and print media will be present and featuring our facility and this fantastic event.  We need to dress up our home for everyone to see.

This weekend, July 23 & 24, we will be making a big push to accomplish the following:

~Construction of  a new Turn 8 Flag Station
~Clearing foliage and cleaning under the grandstands
~Clearing the dead space between the turn 2 grandstand           fence & tirewall fence (no mans land)
~General cleaning and organizing of the gravel area behind the grandstands
~Clubhouse painting and possibly new carpet, but carpet may need to be done the following weekend
~Clubhouse electrical and lighting & Air Conditioning

As you can the list is long and the projects are sizeable.  It will be impossible for the handful of people that do most of the labour around our facility to complete these items alone.

This is where you come in.  We all seem to find the time in our schedules to come out to race.  Unfortunately, not all of us seem to be able to find the time to come out and do what needs to be done to keep our facility functioning.  You may feel that your just one person, and your contribution isn't significant.  That simply isn't the case.

You know the saying - "many hands, make light work?"  It's true.  THIS CLUB NEEDS YOU!

This well organized, strategically planned work weekend will go a long way to making the entire CCGP weekend a great success.  Please, come out and lend a much needed hand.

Please confirm your attendance on Saturday and/or Sunday by replying to this post (include name), emailing me via the address listed on the SCCBC Contacts webpage or via telephone @ 778-999-7769.

OH!!!!  By the way - you will get PAID BY THE HOUR!!!  I have an endless supply of SCCBC Club dollars (sorry David).  For every hour you spend with us, you receive $10 in SCCBC Club Credits.  These credits can be banked and used for race entry fees, membership fees, and rental of one of Bob William's Formula V's.  Well, maybe not the V rentals.  But hey, you never know.

So please join me.  Come and have some fun with your fellow racers while making our wonderful facility more attractive and functional.  You wont regret it.

I look forward to seeing you this weekend!

Steve  
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2011 at 1:07pm by Steve Hocaluk »  

Steve Hocaluk

IP Logged

racerabbit
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: A Call For Help - Work Weekend July 23, 24
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 6:51pm

if i have friday off im game to help out somehow  Grin

IP Logged

Steve Hocaluk
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: A Call For Help - Work Weekend July 23, 24
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 1:10pm

I suppose it would be helpful for you to know that we will start at 9:00 AM on both days.

And yes refreshments will be provided.

Steve

Steve Hocaluk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print