Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Success of Labour Day Races (Read 3,161 times)
Michael Lensen
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Success of Labour Day Races
Sep 6th, 2011 at 5:04am

If it is true that "good news bears repeating" than this would certainly be the time to do so.
We just closed off the Labour Daze Races in spectacular fashion.
Total entries in the 200+  range, an overflowing paddock,  a tight schedule that was quite well adhered too, a lot of great, close racing, fantastic weather (ok maybe it got a little too warm), but no mosquitos, and smiles by the thousands.

The weekend wasn't great only because so many cars showed up, it was great because all posts were covered, so many volunteers showed up to help,  so much work was done prior and during the weekend.

A huge round of applaus goes out to all involved, from registration to gate personnel,  from track ops to paddock staff, from race control to E-crew, from META volunteers to Tech Inspectors, from Pace 'n Chase drivers to the Gator Lady, from technical support to administrative duties, from catering to recycling.
In short, every single person that helped out in whatever capacity deserves a huge pat on the back.
You all have something to be very proud of, you all contrbute to the success of the Sports Car CLub of B.C.

Thank you so very much.
Michael Lensen

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Re: Success of Labour Day Races
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 6:21am

Sure glad we were there to be part of the w/e Shocked It was amazing to see all the cars, people you haven't seen since the last icscc weekend, tremendous racing in ALL groups, but most of all........the laughter and smiles. God knows it's not for the money. Congratulations everyone........even the young fellow on the front gate, great job.
Thank you.
Bob Williams
F.A.R.T. Inc.

Winning isn't everything......but making the effort too, is!
IP Logged

jimmc8
Novice

Old Guy

BC
Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 9:16am

+1 from me.  Great weekend and a tremendous job of keeping on a very tight schedule.

Grin Grin Grin

Jim McAdie
E46 M3 - The Beast
Protoform P4 - Bumble V

IP Logged

Steve Hocaluk
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 12:30pm

I second your comments Michael.  Special thanks goes out to my Track Op's crew that had the track setup in record time on Saturday morning and kept the rest of the behind the scenes tasks attended to.

Also, all our corner workers, E-Crew and race officials.....thank you so much for putting up with the heat!  I'm sure you all had cooler places you could have been.

Steve

Steve Hocaluk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print