Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HONDA CHALLENGE 2012? (Read 7,108 times)
Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
HONDA CHALLENGE 2012?
Nov 17th, 2011 at 10:43am

The SCCBC left no room on the 2011 schedule for a Honda race?

Just wondering if its too late for a 2012 race?
                                  OR
I was also thinking about a Race that would include the PRO3 and SPEC miata cars aswell.

Im sure we could have a race with around 35 cars that are all fairly close in times.

Would be some of the best action going.

Can someone give me a car count of local PRO3 and Spec miata?  I know we have over 20+ hondas
and maybe even a B-spec ford  Wink

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Re: HONDA CHALLENGE 2012?
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 10:55am

Maybe 2 classes as follows:

C1  - slicks permitted

GTU Hondas
GTM Hondas
IP2 Hondas
Any DOHC Vtec hondas

C2  - DOT race tires only

IP3 hondas
B-Spec cars
Spec Miata
Pro3

IP Logged

Jordy Isaak
Pro Circuit

Really, how hard can it
be?

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 11:23am

So an IP3 GS-R would be able to race in C2?  Or would it be forced into C1 due to the DOHC VTEC?

Generations Racing

IP Logged

Steve Hocaluk
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 11:57am

The Exec is currently in the process of outlining our schedule for 2012.  It is our hope that we can bring back a specialty race like the Honda Challenge, if we can work it into our schedule.  No promises, it's far too early yet in the scheduling process, but it's certainly on our radar.

Steve

Steve Hocaluk

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 6:51am

If enough interest is generated in "specialty races" like the Honda Challenge, Vee Invitational, CGGP, an "Invitional FF race" etc., one could conclude that these could fit into a one "special" race w/e for just these races.......thoughts??

Winning isn't everything......but making the effort too, is!
IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 7:18am

I do think that you could almost do one special race per weekend. I prefer to have 2 Honda races in one weekend. a qualifying race and a Main. This way I can invert a few cars to add entertainment.

However the WSC seems to take alot of the spare time.

Vee weekend
Honda challenge weekend
WSC weekend
Yank Tank weekend
CCGP weekend
Enduro weekend

Im not sure you would fill the paddock area if it was a weekend for just special races
I do think the CCGP weekend should be more a special race weekend and was asked by almost every Honda driver why we didnt have a race that weekend. I think the CCGP , vee race, and Honda challenge could have run.

Some creative scheduling needs to be looked at the make everyone happy.

IP Logged

db
Senior Racer

What would Johnny Canuck
do?

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 7:59am

Now is the time to be putting proposals together to bring to the executive.  We're happy to fit special races into the schedule, but we need people to propose and organize the special races.

The Honda Challenge and Vee races are both examples of races that club members have organized and brought to the executive to be included in a race weekend.

David Bell

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 8:04am

I disagree. I don't have the time to mock up a schedule, but I would just bet you could have 5 or 6 separate race groups, have practice, qualifying and a race each day. Throw in some Karting, and you would have a fun filled w/e of real diverse racing. Only real problem is other conflicting  schedules with conference/scca etc.
Not saying that your idea WOULDN'T work, but all in one w/e would give everyone involved a huge volunteer base to use.
Why don't we sit down and talk. All we can do is look at the logistics of everything. If a couple of guys in Shelton can build a race track in 10 months, I'm sure we could put this together and make it work.

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #8 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 8:09am

That last post was a reply for Chris.

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #9 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 4:45pm

Iam in with 2 cars for Honda Challange....    I like the 2 day race formatt  ,,,   Qual on Sat   Inverted grid for main on Sun
CCGP  ,, 2010  CCGP hosted a Honda Challenge 2011 CCGP hosted the V-Invatation Race , I would Like to see the Honda Challenge race be on the 2012 CCGP. I believe Honda Challenge can Produce 25+ Cars for that weekend ,,  If we do like Bob did with the Vees , And put out the invitation early we will have a full grid aswell.

IP Logged

LoCo
International License

Don't let this Daigo by!

Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 4:57pm

"If a couple of guys in Shelton can build a race track in 10 months, I'm sure we could put this together and make it work."

Bob, this was actually very easy, it's $$$$$$$$$. Helps when you had the property too.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." &&Mark Twain

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #11 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 7:24am

I have submitted a real basic out line to SCCBC for a Honda challenge race in 2012 that may also include a SPEC miata class on track at same time

IP Logged

Sign_Guy
Senior Racer

Reply #12 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 8:47am

Great to see interest this early for 2012.

In past years there was discussion about special races at the expense of regular CACC races, with some of the big openings between race dates we were seeing back then. I believe it is all about balance, or should be. We get what we get from Custom Car and work from there. I would hope to see regional racing continue to be a part of the CACC program each and every race weekend.

Saying that, perhaps it's time to look at why we have CW1 and CW2 as seperated groups. Weren't they begun to allow second entries using one vehicle? I think they are both pretty well supported. Do we really need a 3rd closed wheel group, if it requires one of these to go? Maybe it's time to look at limiting track time.

What about novice races? We run open wheel novices in with regular open wheel without carnage. Other regions run their novice closed wheel within senior races and have done it for years.

What about running a Chumpcar race? With Chumpcar rules. Wouldn't that force a change of ideas?

Anyway, I expect to get flamed on these comments, so go ahead, flame away!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print