Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
feedback on Hankook Ventus Z214 (Read 3,762 times)
s2k
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

feedback on Hankook Ventus Z214
Jan 11th, 2012 at 1:08pm

Anyone using these tires? Just found a few sets in my size for 125 a tire. I normally run RA1's. Any feed back would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Jordy Isaak
Pro Circuit

Really, how hard can it
be?

Re: feedback on Hankook Ventus Z214
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 5:15am

My comments relate to the 225/45/15 C51 compound on a 2550lb, 145whp, front wheel drive car.  So take them with a few grains of salt.

Faster than the Toyos by around a second a lap for me.  Similar performance to the Hoosier R6.  They last 3 double race weekends running one race group before the performance drops way off on my car.  Lots of rubber left, just no grip.  Not as tough as the RA1.  For example, you can drive through a bit of gravel in the paddock with the RA1 and not hurt them.  Do that with the Z214 and the rocks will stick and destroy your tires when you go out on track.

Generations Racing

IP Logged

s2k
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 7:13am

Hey Jordy,

Thanks for the feedback. Are you saying that when you run two race groups the tires are strong in the first group and then slower in the second as in, they over heat? Or are you saying on the third of three double weekends they are done but look like this should still have some life left.

Gary

IP Logged

Jordy Isaak
Pro Circuit

Really, how hard can it
be?

Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 7:36am

They're fine to run in two race groups.  However, after 3-4 practices, 6 qualifying sessions and 6 races (3 weekends running only in IP3), they did not grip as well as they used to, to the point where they were slower than the RA1.

Generations Racing

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:27am

In my opinion the Hankook tire is far better than the Toyo RA1/888. I havnt used them but I was beatin bye them all season.Not only till I put on a set of cycled out Hoosiers did I get the times the Hankook was producing.

IP Logged

s2k
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2012 at 6:11am

Thanks for the feedback, I think I'll give them a go.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print