Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pacific Raceways (Read 2,890 times)
Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Pacific Raceways
Mar 21st, 2012 at 6:19am

I see today that PacRwy has received preliminary approvals to proceed with a major upgrade in the facility. First thing is to get all the environmental approvals and permits. Work is anticipated to start ASAP. Look for changes the next time you go there.

IP Logged

LoCo
International License

Don't let this Daigo by!

Re: Pacific Raceways
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 8:38am

Hard to believe with the new Ridge facility less than an hour away. Great for us I suppose.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017800440_pacificraceways21m.ht...

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." &&Mark Twain

IP Logged

bunracer
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 9:21am

The ground work won't start for 3 years and after 300 temp. construction jobs finish the $130 million upgrade they figure there are 864 permanent jobs. Wow that will be quite a facility. Guess they are worried about the Ridge taking a lot of their business. As Loco said we will be the beneficiaries of all this track development in the Pacific N.W.

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 12:55pm

That, of course, assumes that the organising clubs can afford the rental. I'm sure it won't be cheap!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print