Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
April 13-15, 2012 Robert Rembered (Read 3,937 times)
JHCartwright
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

April 13-15, 2012 Robert Rembered
Apr 16th, 2012 at 3:41am

I wanted to thank a number of competitors for making Sunday one of my best race experiences ever!...Bill Okell, Duncan Fairclough, Adam Redavid (I didn't even hit Adam this time!), Amir Kani, Andrei Kisel (aka the tail wagger!)  Thanks to everyone.  It was good close clean racing.  I don't really care about winning/losing at the end of the day.  It's really about close wheel to wheel action during the race for me.  Oh, and finally....thanks to Mike Boyle for building and re-building my car.

IP Logged

Steve Hocaluk
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: April 13-15, 2012 Robert Rembered
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 6:03am

It was a great weekend on so many levels.  The racing was exciting, the stands had butts in them, the food was incredible, and even the weather was great! Clearly Robert pulled some strings in the weather department for us.

A big thank you from me to everyone in the many departments that it takes to make a great weekend like this happen.  When we all pull together, in the same direction, great things are accomplished.

Our club is healthy, strong and with results like this, clearly headed in the right direction.  Let's keep it rolling!

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Hocaluk

IP Logged

Darwin
Novice

BC
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 3:03pm

I'd like to thank all of the volunteers in the club & at the track that make an awesome event such as this happen, and that keep the wheels turning behind the scenes and between events.

And also to all the drivers that have generously offered me input, advice, and encouragement - and answered my many questions along the way so far (there will be more).  After Friday practice and my last Novice race on Saturday, I was able to run my first Senior race on Sunday in CW1.  That was definitely a learning experience!

The on-track tribute for Robert was also very moving.  While I never had the pleasure of meeting him, it was a massive testament to his character that his friends and loved ones would honour him in this way.  His impact & presence will be felt at the track always.

CACC Senior | 99 Corvette FRC | IP1/GTO

IP Logged

racestec
Pro Circuit

winning isn't everything
but losing sucks

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 2:50pm

Terrific weekend. Even if mine didn't go so well on Sunday  Sad. I'm sure Robert would be pleased. I'm still coming to grips with his passing. Welcome to the Senior ranks Darwin. Great to hear that you are having a positive experience racing with us.

Ray Stec

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:11am

There was a 'hollow' feeling around the tech area at the west end of the paddock and I don't think that will disappear for a long time.
Robert was a good guy and a real character, he left us way too soon.

Five Formula Fords and some decent consistent lap times, I had a great weekend; heck I could even still see Rick Payne several laps into the race, he used to lap me Shocked.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:25am

Keith, I had to go check the race results after your comment. Good job, those were some good lap times by the end of the weekend, eh? Glad to hear the nitrous system I sold you is working fine.

Grin

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 8:04am

Low Vee turnout meant fewer 'obstacles' Tiago Wink Roll Eyes.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print