Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Surface condition signal? (Read 1,738 times)
Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Surface condition signal?
Apr 15th, 2013 at 8:15pm

In the the O/W race on Sunday a lot of oil was poured on to the track by a car/driver. It is not always obvious when you are leaking oil so I'm not blaming the driver. However it was VERY obvious to the rest of us trying to drive on it and around it!
As the turn workers may not see the oil as quickly as the following drivers see it or feel I'm suggesting the we develop some kind of sign system; I'm sure I wasn't the only driver gesticulating at the corner workers and the starter to try and alert them to the condition of the track. It took almost two laps for the surface flags to start appearing, I'm sure they would have been waving a lot earlier if we could have signaled to the turn workers. I tried pointing down to the track and shouting but that wasn't understood and it hurt my ears! Cry
Suggestions (other than stop shouting in my helmet)???

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

Re: Surface condition signal?
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:10am

How about a well timed 360 spin down the front straight? Cheesy

From the stands, it looked pretty nasty..

Anyway, I've learned my lesson on trying to warn the corner workers about anything.. (First race in my vee, used Pam Williams as a brake into Turn 1, after forgetting to hit the brakes while trying to "talk" to the corner workers!). But if everyone agrees on some kind of signal, I'll try my best to use it!

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print