Send Topic Print
CRX trailing arms (Read 2,744 times)
bunracer
Pro Circuit

Ice is nice to race on
too!

CRX trailing arms
Apr 30th, 2013 at 10:38am

I am looking to replace my rear trailing arms in my 1991 CRX (with rear disc brakes)

The big rubber bushings are shot and seeing as they have to come out I was wondering if anyone had any that had the bushings in decent shape they wanted to let go. Does anyone know if they are the same as the rear trailing arms in the 88-91 Civic ?

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Re: CRX trailing arms
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 11:59am

Paul. the trailing arms are all the same .only difference is between disk and drum..(mounts for disks)  Thats a cheap fix if you dont replace the trailing arm
Step 1  burn out remaining rubber bushing leaving the outer ring still in arm
Step 2  relace bushing with a energy suspention eurethene bushing   35$  and about an hours work
Hope this helps

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 12:05pm

Thats for the pair at lordco

IP Logged

bunracer
Pro Circuit

Ice is nice to race on
too!

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 3:53pm

Thanks Curt, I have replaced them on the GSR so I know the process isn't that difficult but we are preparing a car for LeMons and we don't want to show up with brand new red poly bushings and have to explain how a car that's supposed to be worth only $500 has such a upgraded suspension system. I was hoping to just pick up a set of trailing arm that fit that looks like the bushings are in better shape than the ones in the old ice racer/new LeMons car

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 7:21pm

Paul.. I do have 2 trailing arms in a car i just bought and will look to see if there still good ....  i usually dont care lol,,  but i would trade you for your trailing arms with the bad bushings  if these are still good   Give me a call tomorrow nite after 9pm...6044629724

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print