May 1st, 2013 at 8:29pm

having some under steer issues tips to fix this
set up

85 325e black

H&R sport cup suspension
ie offset delrin lower control arm "bushing" lol
ie poly rear sub frame and trailing arm bushings
alignment adjustable rear sub frame
Eibach Anti-Roll Kit 20mm up front 16 rear (don't buy this not even close to being thick enough)

corado/rx7 front bbk with hawk hps pads and sloted rotors going to replace them with hp pluses when thay wear out

17x7.5 unknown tsw rims with 205/40/17 nitto NT01's

17x8 og europa with 205/40/17 nitto neo gens

alignment is factory except for the front caster(m3 offset cab 6 deg i think) camber no ADJ about 1.5 deg i think

it could be my driving i have very little experience. Spring driver training and the recent vcmc track day thats it. Scott chime in if you think it is just me lol.

IP Logged

jrez
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: understeer must die
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2013 at 1:18pm

I'v got  pretty much the identical car, except an heavier engine and stock sway bars, and e36 front ctrl arm bushings.

My cars issue was the stock roll bars, but I can't honestly say the car is a chronic understeerer. I felt it is better balanced than my fwd vw, and my driving coach also made the comment "nice handling car."
I was being stopwatched in the 1:18:500 to low 1;19:000's. The engine was a big part of that, but the handling was decent also.

A friend has a later e30, and he has the Ireland Engineering anti roll bar kit, and he had next to no roll, and no issues being glued to me through the turns, so Im thinking thats the next step for my car, along with the rear bar mount reinforcement kit. 

1984 #777 Scirocco IP2(LOL) &&1985 M52 BMW 3 series&&1973 Super Beetle auto-x&&2005 Ford Powerstroke&&
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print