Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Annual Inspections (Read 4,650 times)
Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Annual Inspections
Mar 18th, 2015 at 4:57am

We will be doing Annual Inspections on the Practice Day. Please ensure you all the correct gear.

SA2005 or better helmet
window net - two years from DOM
seatbelts - SFI - two years DOM, FIA as marked for expiry

Al and I are hoping to be at Mission during the Sunday of the Driver Training weekend and available to perform inspections or answer questions.

Thank you

IP Logged

Rye
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: Annual Inspections
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2015 at 12:17pm

Just to clarify, the 2 year rule applies to mesh type window nets that must be SFI approved.
I read the rule to say that strap type nets do NOT need to be SFI rated.
Is that correct?

IP Logged

TECHMAN
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing! It's safer

Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2015 at 1:32pm

SFI window nets expire two years to the month they were made. No mention of mesh or strap types on the SFI website.

IP Logged

collin_Jackson
Spectator

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2015 at 1:34pm

Good question RYE!

Mike - Can I enter my 1973 Atlantic in a regular formula race in CASC or in ICSCC?
      -IE: It has no front roll hoop, but is legal otherwise and has Conference and SCCA logbooks.

Collin

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2015 at 3:55pm

Colin: CASC is gone and replaced by ASN Canada FIA, the Ontario affiliate is called CASC-ON. In BC it's CACC (a much longer name when spelled) which is easier to look up on the internet..

If you enter on a regular race weekend with your Atlantic you'd be racing with the other "open-wheel" cars (FF, FL, FV, and Sportracing) Your car is a Vintage F/A and subsequently doesn't need to have the front roll hoop.

I don't know how the ICSCC rules would treat your car. You should probably check with the SCCBC Conference rep (Michael Lensen?)

Mike

IP Logged

Rye
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2015 at 4:38pm

Not trying to belabor the point, but I'm referring to the CACC rule that states "A strap-type window net must be fitted such that the driver's arm(s) cannot extend outside the vehicle unintentionally. Mesh type window nets complying with SFI standard 27.1 are permitted."

(Section 20.5 B of the 2015 GCR)

This seems to state that only a mesh type  window net requires an SFI rating.  There is no mention of any certification required for a strap type window net.

The rule also mentions that the SFI rating expires after 2 years from DOM, but I can't see where a strap type net requires the SFI rating in the first place.

Thanks,
Richard (not wanting to replace a perfectly good strap type window net that has been used for one weekend since new)

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 3:05am

Until I'm advised otherwise, this is what I'm using.

Window nets require an SFI certification label marked not more than two (2) years since DOM. That means two (2) years or newer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print