Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1992 'MOLSON INDY VANCOUVER' Billboard/Sign (Read 1,372 times)
Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
1992 'MOLSON INDY VANCOUVER' Billboard/Sign
Dec 18th, 2016 at 10:20am

This original full colour Molson Indy billboard sign is an oversize version of the official event poster and was used to promote the 1992 Vancouver CART race (Championship Auto Racing Teams). It stands a massive 71" tall, 45" wide and is printed on 1/16" thick plastic. Originally installed at SkyTrain stations throughout the greater Vancouver area, it is estimated that less than 100 were produced (none of which were made available to the general public) and very few, if any, have survived.

A unique example of 'automotive art', the Molson Indy billboard features well known driver Al Unser Jr. in the Galles Racing / Team KRACO car at full speed getting ready to set up for the next corner. Sponsored by Molson Breweries, STP, Valvoline, Bosch, Goodyear and Chevrolet, the Galles-KRACO combo was one of the most successful teams in CART at the time with Unser ('Little Al') having won the overall CART Championship back in 1990, placing second at the 1992 Vancouver Molson Indy and also winning the INDY 500 that same year.

This particular piece has been a part of my personal collection of automotive / motorsport memorabilia where it has remained carefully preserved for the last 25+ years. It is in excellent condition and has never been mishandled, rolled or folded during that time. Ready to be professionally mounted and framed, this very rare, near one-of-a-kind 'wall art' would make the perfect center piece for any die-hard racing enthusiast's home / office / garage.

In consideration of it's age, condition, desirability and low print run, it has been suggested to me that the fair market value of this piece could be several thousands of dollars or more. I am offering this sign for sale for a nominal $1,000 (or best offer) which will include delivery anywhere in the Greater Vancouver / Fraser Valley area. If you are interested in making an offer to purchase this sign or just want more information, please feel free to contact me by email or call me anytime between 10am and 10pm at the numbers listed below.

(FYI: I acquired this sign from the GM of the Molson Indy Vancouver in early September of 1992 as part payment for my services assisting in the promotion of their event).

Street & Strip Motorsport Promotions
Richardt Scholz
Off# 604.539.7223
Cell# 604.671.7227

MIVSign.jpg (192 KB | 181 )
MIVSign.jpg

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print