Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doctor's fee for CACC form (Read 2,003 times)
Lightning Rod
Novice

Doctor's fee for CACC form
Dec 22nd, 2020 at 5:00pm

My previous MD used to charge $120 for the exam and the form.  I used a walk-in clinic for a few years; they charged $40 (I think - it might have been $25).  This year I have new MD who billed me $170 for the exam and the form.

a) what are other's paying to have their medical form signed?
b) anyone out there familiar with the MSP billing process who can explain what options MDs have with respect to billing?

Thanks,
Rod.

Spec Miata #65

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Re: Doctor's fee for CACC form
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 5:17am

My doc did it as part of a scheduled physical, therefor no charge. Sounds like your doc is just interested in the money. He's probably billing you and MSP.

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Lightning Rod
Novice

Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 8:53am

I have no reason to suspect he would be double dipping.  I don't even think that $170 is an unreasonable price to pay an MD for this exam.  If there is no medical justification then MSP probably doesn't cover any of it.  Which is why I'm kind of curious as to how many racers are paying a "form" fee vs a "medical exam" fee.

I'm very likely his only patient that requires this form.  I'm just wondering what sort of justification is required to reduce the fee to a paperwork charge instead of a fee for medical exam; and if there are any in-between options.

Any Racing MD's willing to chime in?

Thanks,
Rod.

Spec Miata #65

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2020 at 8:08am

One year I was not charged as it was considered my annual check up. Every other time (going on 25 years now with the same doc) I have been charged $75 which I believe is the 'documentation fee' (pun intended  Wink).
I have heard of racers being charged as much as $200 which I consider still reasonable.
I'm interested to see the response to your question.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 11:57am

Dr.s in BC  can charge whatever they want for filling out forms.  Based on the relationship with your Dr. , YOU MAY GET A DEAL or You may pay a lot!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print