Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Classes for Points for ICSCC Weekend (Read 908 times)
Lightning Rod
Novice

Classes for Points for ICSCC Weekend
Aug 30th, 2022 at 5:23pm

Points and Classes for Conference weekend

Due to the lack of a direct mapping for all ICSCC classes to SCCBC/CACC classes , adjustments will be made to some classes:

If you are collecting points in any of the following classes note the changes below:
BSpec, FF, IP1, IP2, IP3, LEG, SM, SR.

If you are collecting points for another class and can't find an appropriate class to enter, let me know and I will do my best to find a resolution.

For the purpose of points only, the classes below will be considered the same.  For example, if you are collecting points for BSpec, register as GP for the conference races.

BSpec: GP, Group 2
IP1: ITE, Group 4
IP2: ITS, Group 5
IP3: ITA, Group 5
LEG: ESR, Group 6

For the purposes of points only the listed classes below will be considered to be a single class and all cars in any of the groups listed will be included in the finishing order.

For example: if you are collecting points in SM, you can register for either CSM or SM.  When the points are tallied all of the cars racing CSM and SM will be ranked against each other as though they were a single class (SM).

FF: CF or FF, Group 3
SM: CSM or SM, Group 2
SR: ASR, BSR, CSR, DSR, or FSR, Group 6

The following classes will NOT score points in the SCCBC Class Championship, however, they will still score points towards OW and CW Championships:

Group 1: A-B-C Prod
Group 2: D-E-F Prod, CR, Pro-7, HT, Pro44, ITX
Group 3: FA, FM
Group 4: AS, RS, ST, SE46, SST
Group 5: ITB-C, E-F-H Imp Prod, CT4

Spec Miata #65

IP Logged

Lightning Rod
Novice

Re: Classes for Points for ICSCC Weekend
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2022 at 3:01pm

I should also mention, that at the moment, we don't have equivalent ICSCC classes for the CRS, IPE-A and IPE-B.  If you would like to propose an appropriate ICSCC class for these classes, I am open to suggestions.  These changes would be subject to the SCCBC exec approval and must not create conflicts with existing classes or equivalencies.

Please remember that some of the ICSCC classes, even the ones that have the same name as the CACC classes, may have different requirements.  It is your responsibility to ensure that your car meets the requirements of the ICSCC class that you register for.

Spec Miata #65

IP Logged

Lightning Rod
Novice

Re: Classes for Points for ICSCC Weekend
Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 8:47am

Attention IPE-B Racers: following a discussion with the SCCBC president this  morning, we have decided the use the Conference RS (Radial Sedan) class (Group 4) for IPE-B points.
You can find the conference rules for this class in section 1310 of the ICSCC Competition Regulations document:
https://www.icscc.com/references/comp_regs_2022.pdf

Note that at this time, there are no Conference drivers entered, nor have there been any Conference racers collecting points so far this year.

So, if there are no objections, you can have a gentleman's agreement not to protest due to discrepancies between IPE-B rules and RS rules without affecting Conference points.

Feel free to contact me with questions or comments.

Rod.

Spec Miata #65

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print