HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gio Clemente (Read 789 times)
CEEDOG
Spectator

Gio Clemente
Aug 30th, 2022 at 8:13pm

Greetings SCCBC forum members. I've not been on this forum for some time and today I wish it was under better circumstances. The long time racers and club members may well remember my older brother, Girolamo (Gio) Clemente from the Westwood days. Sadly, Gio passed away earlier today from complications of a heart condition. He was 66. Gio and my father Franco ran a Fiat and Alfa Romeo service for many years and racing was always a central part of their lives as it was mine. Gio started racing at Westwood in the early seventies with Fiat 124 Coupes, and later on campaigned an Alfa GTV.  I am aware of a Westwood memories FB page he belonged to. I know he cherished his years at Westwood along with the friends from SCCBC of whom he spoke highly. It would have been his wish that I reach out to the club, a farewell on his behalf. Recently, he and I put together a photo collection of our family's racing history, lots and lots of Westwood pics. In due course, I will complete the compilation and share online. In the meantime, I've added a link to a photo from Martins Action photopage: https://martinsactionphotography.smugmug.com/Autoracing/Westwod-Motorsport-Park-...

I wish you all well.

Thanks for reading and regards,

Joe Clemente

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print