Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jess Heitman (Read 366 times)
Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Jess Heitman
Sep 29th, 2022 at 3:37am

I read in Andy Collins' weekly newsletter of the passing of Jess Heitman. Here's Andy's writing.

" Only a few minutes ago I learned my very dear friend Jess Heitman passed away today from cancer. Jess was a master car builder, designer, and car prep mechanic.  The racer always came first with him nearly on his deathbed a few weeks ago and still at the Columbia River Classic to ensure that Darrell LaBlanc's Formula B car was finished.  He was a fierce competitor as well.  Just a few years ago when he learned he had cancer, he came to PR at the SCCA Majors and in a fierce battle beat out Joe Huffaker Jr. to win.  That was one of his most memorable achievements for a guy raced dragsters, hot rods and even designed a very successful Formula Vee - the Tsunami.

During the Cascade Dash for Kids he an his charming wife Addie would have a lunch for all.  Last year he helped SOVREN with an apres dinner party at the Tyee Yacht club where he was past commodore.  My only disappointment is that Jess and I didn't spend more time together or know each other sooner in life.   RIP friend. "

Jess raced with us at Westwood many times. He was a fierce competitor and generous to his fellow competitors. He built and raced some epic cars. 

Rest In Peace, Jess!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print