Send Topic Print
10 Years at Mission (Read 3,677 times)
Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
10 Years at Mission
Jul 17th, 2003 at 8:53pm

From the President...

SCCBC celebrated 10 years at Mission Raceway Park on the June 28th weekend, the place we now call home. When I look back through the last 10 years, I see people that were there from the beginning. Our volunteers were there then and are still here with us today. Our club is built on people, the asphalt and the love of the sport is that brings us all together. To me, this milestone weekend feels like we have thrown another couple of logs on the fire, as a club we are moving forward at a rapid pace and it is up to all of us to keep the momentum going! Our race entries topped 201 for the 10th Anniversary Weekend, thank you all for making a number to beat for next year!

At noon on Sunday, the Riggins triplets sang our national anthems as onlookers viewed an awesome display of fireworks behind our ever so proud flags. Many thanks to Mike Kaerne of Hollynorth Production Supplies for putting on that display for us. SCCBC acknowledged our members who, after the closing of Westwood, refused to give up until our dreams had been realized and we had a place to race once again. These people below are now as “ the Founders of River’s Edge Road Course”. They are: Pamela Stec, Ray Stec, Kevin Skinner, Danny Kok, Curt Storms, Noel Florack, Tina Goertz, Paul Krieg, Roland Stec, Robert Currie, Mike Goertz, the Members of META and Molson Indy Vancouver. I salute you all with my hat off and my hand over my heart! SCCBC also presented Ron Farmer of the BC Custom Car Association a plaque for all their support and allowing us to become of Mission Raceway Park for the past 10 years. Our relationship is solid and I look forward to the next 10 years, thank you gentlemen! Molson Indy was also honoured with a plaque for their continued support to amateur motorsports.

The membership of the Sports Car Club dedicated our clubhouse to two individuals that without their constant commitment, determination and perseverance we may not have had a home to celebrate 10 years in. Pam & Ray Stec have done so much for this club in their unsurpassed desire to keep amateur motorsports moving forward at all times, giving themselves every weekend without failure. The knowledge and experience they both have passed on to us will allow this club to take these building blocks and build a stronger wall of success for many years to come. The plaque that will go into the clubhouse shall read: “The Official Clubhouse of the Sports Car Club of BC, dedicated to Pam & Ray Stec, may your endless hours never be forgotten”.

Our next event is the Molson Indy Vancouver July 25-27, hope to see you all there!!

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print