Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Volvo 240 Turbo (Read 1,529 times)
unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

Volvo 240 Turbo
Jul 3rd, 2010 at 8:43pm

This needs to go.. We bought this to enter the 24h of LeMons at Thunderhill last year. Which we did, and had a blast.

Anyway, this might work for someone as an ice racer or a bump to pass car or whatever haha. It is caged (done to SCCA specs last year), and that's about it for high points.

The engine died during the LeMons race. The turbo is in unknown condition - it worked fine and boosted well for 9 hours until the engine lost a bearing. The transmission works fine (m46 for those in the know..).

The interior is stripped, currently has a Corbeau FX1 Pro seat, no belts (I needed them for my Vee!).

The body is.. rusted. Heavily rusted! I think the cage is holding it together, really Smiley

It has IPD sway bars front and rear, 300lbs NASCAR rear springs (seriously!) and rear Bilstein shocks. Front suspension has some sketchy 600lbs springs and Tokico struts. The front springs are waaay too stiff for the struts, the car handles nicely until it starts hopping away in the corners.

It would be a cool ice racer, or something.

check our LeMons blog for pictures and more details:

http://volvo240turbo.blogspot.com

I'm not sure on a price, we spent more on the cage and seat alone than we'll ever get for the whole thing, so.. $1000 obo?

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print