Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Radical Sportscars coming to BC (Read 3,838 times)
Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Radical Sportscars coming to BC
Jul 6th, 2010 at 4:38am

I had an email from Steve Hudson, who would like to bring Radical Sportscars to BC. Please have a look at his intro letter below and drop him a line with your thoughts.

Thanks,
Marc

Perhaps you’ve heard of Radical sports cars, you may have heard about the legend of the Radical Sports
car….maybe you’ve seen them on You tube……well now you might see them at a track near you, namely
Mission raceway. My name is Steve Hudson and I’m considering bringing Radical to BC. I’d like to, with
your help try to gauge the interest that may exist in having the Radical in BC.

Initially we will be introducing the Radical SR3, which is a car that is well suited to Mission raceway. Of
course there are many upgrades that are made for the SR3 such as lightweight carbon composite
bodywork, pneumatic paddle-activated gearshift system with auto-blipper, Air-jack system (includes 3 ×
air jacks, lance and hose kit) or 280mm × 25mm front floating 48 vane disc brake to name just a few
(please contact me for a complete list of optional upgrades). With these upgrades this car would be a
serious competitor at any of the racetracks south of the boarder, such as Pacific Raceways, Portland
International Raceway or Willow Springs. So you can see the competition can get as intense as you like
and I’m betting that’s pretty intense.

If you are interested in the Radical Sportscars in any capacity would you please drop me an e-mail at
radicalfab@shaw.ca. I’m not asking if you’d like to commit to buying one, I’m simply trying to gauge the
level of interest in the Radical Sportscars here in BC, so please share your thoughts on these
thoroughbreds with me.

If your not familiar with the Radical SR3, here is a link to have a look at it.
http://www.radicalsportscars.com/range/sr3-rs

Here is a link to a Radical RS3 review
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=19841

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Rob Dyck
Senior Racer

Re: Radical Sportscars coming to BC
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 6:17pm

FREEDOM 95 BABY.....FREEDOM 95....... Grin Grin

IP Logged

ReEntry Racer
International License

If it has wheels, we'll
race it...

Abbotsford BC
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 7:40pm

Yeah, what's another mortgage, we can't take it with us...

1982 Pontiac Trans Am SCCA GT1 & ITE   CACC GT1 & GTO ICSCC GT1 & SPO & ST
2001 SLP Trans Am Firehawk
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier
reentry.racer  
IP Logged

Radicalfab
Spectator

Speed!!

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 5:45pm

Ok, I understand that these cars are not as cost efficient as some of us would like them to be.
But say you wanted to race a corvette, chances are you wouldn't or couldn't buy a brand new one and race it. But because they are here, and there are older models that can be purchased for less then a brand new one, it then becomes totally conceivable that you could race that Vette.
Same thing with the Radical, if they don't get brought here then we can never race them. But if we do chances are there will be an older version that we can purchase and race.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print