Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The 2011 AGM and executive (Read 2,454 times)
Michael Lensen
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

The 2011 AGM and executive
Feb 21st, 2011 at 6:51am

Already two weeks have passed since I accepted my new position and thought it was time to send  a general `hello`.

For those of you not able to join the well attended AGM I will give a short rundown.

After some 20 years as member of SCCBC I decided it was time to step up to the plate and take on a more serious role, and if that were the case why not shoot for the top spot.

This year`s nominating committee once again did a great job at getting members to run and in the end there were three nominations for the President`s position.
Keith Robinson indicated to wish to run again to handle some unfinished business.
Derrick Moenick and myself were the other nominees. Derrick was apparently not able to renew his membership in time, and his name was removed from the ballot.
In the end I was elected by a relatively small margin over Keith.

Our Treasurer John Cartwright decided to step down and David Bell was elected to take over.

Both Keith and John should be commended for their dedication and hard work.

I am very pleased to say that Leslie Skinner stays on as Secretary, Marc Ramsay as VP Admin, and Roland Stec as VP Operations.
Meanwhile Keith Robinson  has accepted the post of Chairperson of Track Operations, and as such I asked Ray Stec to be this year`s Past President, which he accepted.

I am proud to be surrounded by such a strong and experienced team, it will help me growing into the position.
I look forward to represent you, the members.

Michael Lensen

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Re: The 2011 AGM and executive
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 1:24pm

Welcome to the TOP SPOT Grin. I'm sure you will do a great job!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print