Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid (Read 4,178 times)
Pigpen
Ex Member

ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
Jun 7th, 2011 at 3:06pm

Has anyone had experience with ATE Super Blue Racing High Performance Brake Fluid? Does it work, and are there any issues with it? I want to use it in the car ('86 BMW 325) that my daughter will be using for July Driver Training. There is a good chance she will be sharing the car so I want to be sure the brakes are up to the task for Sunday. I'm also be ordering drilled rotors and high performance pads for it (what is on the car now are good so will be used as spares). Most likely the car will be turned into a pro3 car and we will take the wing off (this is Meekings old street car).

Mike

IP Logged

jrez
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 7:10pm

I use it in my scirocco race car and my 85 3 series track day toy.
Never had any issue with the pedal dropping on either, but I found hp+ pads didn't work very well in my bmw on the track.

A friend ran the same setup, except for cross drilled/slotted rotors, in his stock 89 325i, and he had no issues.  We both got everything from Drivers Edge.

You should be fine, just make sure calipers, flex lines are all good.

Cheers'

John

1984 #777 Scirocco IP2(LOL) &&1985 M52 BMW 3 series&&1973 Super Beetle auto-x&&2005 Ford Powerstroke&&
IP Logged

unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 7:23am

It's good stuff.. Slightly better than "normal" DOT4 for not a huge price difference. It's probably right at the point of diminishing returns, higher temp fluids cost a lot more money.

We used it on the volvo (not a light car..) at the 24h of LeMons in 2009, went through a set of pads pretty quickly, but no problem at all with the fluid.

I also used it for my driver training on the heavy arse volvo wagon with pretty aggressive pads (carbotech XP8's, I believe), had no hints of any brake troubles. I use it on all my street cars as well, just cause a bottle goes a long way.. Same with the vee, it's overkill, but I have plenty of it left!

Of course, the great thing about ATE fluid is, next time, you can buy a bottle of the gold stuff - which is exactly the same fluid, but a different color hehe. Makes flushing pretty easy, you'll know exactly when you've replaced the old fluid completely. And it gives a nice splash of color to an otherwise bland engine bay! Ok, that was a joke.

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

Pigpen
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

BC
Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 12:28pm

Thanks guys, I now know I'm going the right direction. I was checking Pro 3 specs again and realized we can't run slotted and drilled rotors so I'll just get fresh stock rotors, but I was going to go with Cool Carbon Sport Brake Pads from Bavarian Autosport.

Tiago, thanks for the info on the Volvo, I think I’ll be using the ATE brake fluid in my older daughter’s 740 turbo now as well. I’ll talk to you more on the weekend; I assume you’ve entered your Vee in the BCHMR. I won’t be helping Martin as much this weekend as we have the 510 entered.

Mike

WWW olddatsunracer pigpen510  
IP Logged

unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 1:40pm

Nope, I'm skipping the vintage event - didn't think the vee was "eligible" this time around without the special FV race, but either way my car is still in pieces.. If I can get it together on Saturday and finish the car prep, I'd love to come to the track on Sunday and check out the racing and/or work a corner..

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print