Send Topic Print
THANK YOU!! (Read 1,655 times)
Steve Hocaluk
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

THANK YOU!!
Jul 25th, 2011 at 5:17pm

This past weekend, nearly 40 members of SCCBC & VRCBC took part in the first ever "Extreme Makeover - Rivers Edge Road Course Edition."  We had so much FUN, and we got a tremendous amount of work done.  The weather was amazing and the smiles and laughter plentiful.  Here are a few highlights of what was accomplished:

-Member area of clubhouse was gutted and painted and air-conditioning and lighting installed/repaired.  Carpet was removed and will be replaced in the coming days.  Outside of clubhouse was pressure washed.

-New worker startion for turn 8 was built from scratch.  Complete with a fresh coat of white paint, this station is going to be fought over by our turn workers.  

-Massive clearing of foliage from the entrance of our facility down the pit road.  Continued clearing and pruning all the way down to turn 3.

-Old section of grandstand was removed and ground levelled.  Foliage under the two remaining grandstands was cleared.

-No mans land in front of the turn 2 stands was excavated and new gravel placed.

-Concrete blocks from outside the pre-grid fence were removed and fresh gravel and rubber parking curbs installed.

The list goes on.

Here is the link to some photo's that both Pam and I took.  Take a few moments and check out what some of your fellow club members were up to.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/34657413/2/SCCBC/July%2023%2C%2024%20Work%20Party...

I would like to extend my deepest appreciation to everyone who made the time to be a part of this weekend.  I can't possibly thank you enough for that.

This is just the first of many work days we will need to have in order to keep our facility in good working order.  But with your help, we will be able to stay on top of things.  Everyone who attended this weekend had a lot of fun, and got fed and paid too!!

Hope to see YOU at the next one.

Steve

Steve Hocaluk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print