Send Topic Print
Thanks to FART (Read 3,061 times)
jimmc8
Novice

Old Guy

BC
Thanks to FART
Oct 9th, 2011 at 5:52pm

May thanks to Bob, Pam, Scott, Jennifer, Graham and the whole Family Affairs Racing Team for their warm welcome and for all of the support this weekend.  I'm not sure that open wheel is exactly my cup of tea right now but I'm sure that it is going to grow on me Smiley

ps  Thanks for taking it easy on the old newby.

Jim McAdie
E46 M3 - The Beast
Protoform P4 - Bumble V

IP Logged

Michael Lensen
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: Thanks to FART
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 5:46am

To Jim: let it grow, let it grow.

And to Bob , Pam, Scott, Jennifer, Graham and Kyle thank you for your help,  great atmosphere, great car prep, I had a blast. I could get used to this "arrive and drive" idea you know.
Getting back into a Vee was quite the experience, it reminded me that you won't simply power out of a corner, you must maintain the momentum and you can't allow yourself to give away one inch of pavement at the apex.
Thanks to all, it was fun.
Michael

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 5:52am

Jim.....on behalf of all of us at FART, thank you. Seat time will improve your "one with the car" feeling. A practice day will change a lot of things and increase your ability in your new found "Ride". Congratulations! You're hooked. Face it! Welcome to the family.......

Michael.....as well, thank you. I don't think you forgot too much about the secret of Vee driving.......momentum! And you did this with only 2 gears, no wings, and a 1/3 of the h/p. Oh ya......congrats on your win.  Wink

Hey Marc.....you did a marvelous job as well.....didn't even break the transmission. They're bullet prove you know. Thanks man.....glad you had a good time.

And Adam Ingram...... what can we say......heck of a season. Thanks for making it interesting, most of all competitive, always on the edge, and a quick study really helps in a new venture. You were great.

And last, but not least, a special congratulations to our novices this w/e. Len DeWitt, Connor Loewen, and Ross Baillie, you guys were awesome. We were down a crew member and you guys were extremely patient with us. Thank you. It's a lot to cram into one day, and you guys handled it perfectly. Driver training / classroom session etc. doesn't quite prepare you for what you guys dealt with on Saturday. Not a lot of time in the car / on the track, and then get thrown to the wolves. The videos and more seat time will help you considerably more for the next time in a Vee. Great job everyone, see you next year.....or maybe before. We'll be in touch. Thanks again.
Family Affair Racing Team Inc.

Winning isn't everything......but making the effort too, is!
IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 6:09am

And since I'm on a "Thank you" role......To EVERYONE that allows us to race, keep us safe, there when we need you, feeds us, and yes....even the ones that shout at us, (sometimes), a heart felt, and I mean it....Thank You. Get your s--t together......we'll be back again........in no time.
Have a great off season. The F.A.R.T. Inc. gang. Kiss Kiss

Winning isn't everything......but making the effort too, is!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print