Send Topic Print
CW1 or CW2? (Read 3,330 times)
Darwin
Novice

BC
CW1 or CW2?
Nov 4th, 2011 at 5:01am

Hey Gang,

Is there a protocol for selecting a run group (CW1 or CW2) - specifically for an IP1 car?

Looking at the registration list from the last event, there seems to be a spread of cars in both groups (including at least one car running in both groups under IP1 and GTO with different drivers):

CW1: GT1/2 & IP1/2, etc and no IP3
CW2: GTM/O& IP3, etc and no IP1/2 in CW2

Cheers,
Darwin.

CACC Senior | 99 Corvette FRC | IP1/GTO

IP Logged

bunracer
Ex Member

Re: CW1 or CW2?
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 5:50am

An IP1 car runs in CW1. It can also be run in GTO if that is the second entry for the event. If the IP1 car is GT legal with all the required safety items needed for a GT car then it could be entered in just GTO. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong.

IP Logged

Darwin
Novice

BC
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 6:36am

Thanks Paul!  I assume then, that a GTO entry is specifically CW2.

Is there a breakdown somewhere for this for all the classes?  It's probably a newbie only kind of question...

Cheers,
Darwin.

CACC Senior | 99 Corvette FRC | IP1/GTO

IP Logged

bunracer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 7:34am

If I'm not mistaken it is usually left up to the organizer to determine what cars/classes should run in what run group as they will be the ones to determine if there are an appropriate number of total cars in the run groups to provide good and safe racing. It certainly is a difficult juggling act keeping in mind the possible conflicts what with some cars being entered in two different classes and two different run groups and the potential for disaster with super slow cars and super fast cars on the track at the same time. I wouldn't want that job, but typically the race announcement has the class/run group breakdown listed at the bottom.

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 9:58am

If your first entry is IP you can run as an additinial entry in GT as a second entry in IP Trim .CACC  race regs   17.3-A

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print