Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FV Engine, needs rebuild (Read 1,187 times)
unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

FV Engine, needs rebuild
Jan 24th, 2012 at 9:20am

Just thought I'd post this up, we'll see how it goes.

This is the engine that came with my car when I bought it 2 years ago. It was built by Jess Heitman a few years ago, the heads are marked "Gray" (supposed to be from Mike Gray). Engine has about 25 hours on it and I pulled it when I bought a spare motor. Was planning to have this one rebuilt, but ended up needing an emergency rebuild on the "spare" (now main..) engine so that's where the money went.

It's a full flow motor, I can sell it complete, carb to clutch, as is. Carb and manifold are regional items, nothing fancy, but both are FV prepped. You'll probably want to install a new clutch disc though, so factor in the $17 or whatever it is they cost Tongue

I found small metallic shavings on the sump screen when the engine was pulled, so although it was running seemingly fine when I pulled it from the car, it definitely needs a rebuild. I thought about shipping it out for a rebuild, ask the builder to get it done as cheaply as possible and then sell it for 2 grand as a fresh motor.. Or I could sell it to you for $1000, ship it straight to your builder of choice (I can recommend you a good one, too! Wink) and you'll have the choice to have it done as cheaply or as expensive as you want. Nothing sucks more than buying a fresh engine that you have no idea about.

Anyway, I wanted to keep this as a spare engine, but I don't have the money to fix it and it's no good as a spare as is. I need money for tires, so make me an offer!

Engine is in Vancouver, BC, I can drive down to Bellingham/Seattle to ship if you're in the states. If you're on the West Coast, shipping might be around $100. Also, if you want to have it rebuilt by the local extraordinaire F.A.R.T. shop, I'd be happy to sell "on condition". Meaning, you pay me the $1000, take it to the guys, pay them to open it up.. If they find any major damage or anything that might make the rebuilt too expensive for you, bring it back to me and I'll give you your money back. You'll have to cover their fees, but you won't be stuck with a lemon.

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print