Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
B-SPEC racing at MRP? (Read 4,298 times)
MikeColangelo
Spectator

I'd rather be driving!

WA
B-SPEC racing at MRP?
Feb 5th, 2012 at 6:38pm

Greetings from south of the border!

I read recently where the CACC has added B-SPEC as a new class for 2012.  I'm intrigued by this new class and was wondering if we might see some of these cars at SCCBC Conference races (although I'm not sure where they'd be classed in the ICSCC).

My daily driver is a 2011 Mazda2 and I often dream of doing bad things to it!   Shocked

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Re: B-SPEC racing at MRP?
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:00am

I think we have 3 maybe 4 cars in the works and at least one of those will be a MAZDA2 , Not sure what class they would run in but Conference has plenty of classes and Im sure there will be somewhere to run a fairly stock vehical with all the safety mods of B-Spec. Its just up to the drivers if they show up.

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:34am

Mike.  Turn that car into a B-Spec,,,,  I would think they could be a F-Production car in ICSCC

IP Logged

MikeColangelo
Spectator

I'd rather be driving!

WA
Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:45am

Within the current ICSCC class structure, perhaps the B-SPEC cars can race in ITX (catch-all for ITA/B/C cars).  They'd be outgunned compared to the IT cars but it'd give them a place to play.  ITX is a Group 2 class.  Performance-wise, Group 2 makes sense since the other closed-wheel classes are probably too fast for them.

Or just add B-SPEC as a class in Group 2 and be done with it.   Wink

IP Logged

MikeColangelo
Spectator

I'd rather be driving!

WA
Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 11:04am

Curt, I think you're correct.  F Production or one of the other production classes would be a better fit than ITX.  Still, it'd be Group 2 which I think would be ideal.

I'm on the fence about turning my Mazda2 into a B-SPEC racer.  I've done two track days with it at Pacific Raceways and it did well.  It's bone stock, except for tires and brake pads.  I've had a BMW M3 driver and an Acura NSX driver tell me on separate occasions that they were shocked at the car's cornering speed.  It's a dog on the straights but what do you expect with about 90-95 hp at the front wheels, haha?

By the way, I'm having a blast with your old CRX.  It's getting some new stuff this season (header, exhaust, clutch, safety gear, etc.).  That car has definitely been the "easy button" for me.  You'll see it at Mission in a few months.

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 1:58pm

Kool .. Looking forward to seing you come up here.. I like the feed back from your track day with your  2,

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 2:00pm

FP  2100 lbs 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print