Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Novice license expiring (Read 4,460 times)
slipNslide
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Novice license expiring
Apr 7th, 2012 at 1:19pm

I was wondering how long i can go without having a race before having to do the training again? I know its 3yrs for a senior license but I have a novice license and couldnt find the length of time for novice.
I did a race last year in april and attempted one in july or august but i got 2 laps in until the electrical went up in smoke so it didnt count as a race.
I need to know what month i need my next race done by so i dont lose my novice license.
Many thanks to any help!

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Re: Novice license expiring
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 2:45pm

I would recommend that you contact the Novice License Director:

Race Novice Director
Curt Storms
Tel: 604-462-9724
race.novice@caccautosport.org

That would be the best place to start.

IP Logged

Pam Stec
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 1:16pm

[quote author=slipNslide lI need to know what month i need my next race done by so i dont lose my novice license.
[/quote]
You need to apply to have your Novice Licence renewed for this year and then do a novice race this season.

IP Logged

slipNslide
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 1:34pm

Ive already got the 2012 membership and will be renewing my cacc novice license very soon.
So I have until the October weekend to complete a race? I plan on getting a car setup for this summer and can guarantee ill get a race in this year but im only concerned about my novice expiring sooner like this April or may.
I've tried contacting curt for stuff about my 86 corolla but he isn't the most accessible person around.

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 5:25pm

Curt, like many other volunteers within CACC and the SCCBC, has a job which requires lots of hours. His volunteer job sometimes has to take a back seat to his day job.

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 8:21pm

Thanks Mike,,,  Yes you will have to complete one race this year.  to keep your Novice Lic Current ,,  And for the corolla stuff,  As we spoke before i said when you had the parts out of the car and could just bring me them to repair, i could  do it.  If it was a CACC issue I would have Responded accordingly, Correct me if iam wrong but you mite have already asked about the Lic Renewal

IP Logged

jrez
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 4:55pm

Quote:
I know its 3yrs for a senior license

Is it 3 years for the seniors ???

I thought it was 2..

1984 #777 Scirocco IP2(LOL) &&1985 M52 BMW 3 series&&1973 Super Beetle auto-x&&2005 Ford Powerstroke&&
IP Logged

slipNslide
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 6:14pm

Fastist12: It’s very hard to juggle a volunteer job and regular job and not everyone can do it for sure it is completely understandable. I was the one who was going to have you install a limited slip diff a while ago. I got a OEM 2way in now and locks surprisingly hard.
Needing a race done this season is no problem thanks.

Jrez: In the CACC race regs ch.3.3 section E,F,G I quote:
“Any driver who has not raced for three (3) or more calendar years may be required at the discretion of the Novice Director and/or Race Director, to take an approved driver training course and/or may be required to write a drive training exam.”
“Any driver who has not raced at least once during the previous two seasons will be required to race at least one (1) novice race under observation before being permitted to enter a Senior Race. When making an application for licence renewal driver must provide proof of participation in his/her most recent race event. The Licence Director will issue a novice licence, to be upgraded to a senior licence upon the discretion of the Novice Director.”
“Any Senior driver who has not raced at least once during the previous race season
will be required to race at least one (1) race under observation of the Novice Director.”

IP Logged

jrez
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 8:22pm

tnx  Smiley

1984 #777 Scirocco IP2(LOL) &&1985 M52 BMW 3 series&&1973 Super Beetle auto-x&&2005 Ford Powerstroke&&
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print