Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank you from the VRCBC (Read 1,324 times)
Vintage Bluenoser
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Thank you from the VRCBC
Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:31pm

That was one hot BCHMR – and not just on the track! I hope everybody has re-hydrated by now. Although we had a few glitches along the way, I think overall everybody who was there enjoyed themselves. On behalf of all of the members of the VRCBC, I want to thank everyone who helped us.

In the early days, we had great encouragement from the CACC and SCCBC executives as we looked at various ways to package the weekend. Thanks to Tony Morris and Ryan O'Connor for organizing the CCGP in challenging circumstances. A number of individuals such as Marc Ramsay, Leslie Skinner, Mike Bailey, Norm Shaw and others, quietly stepped in at key moments to help out when we had (or created) a specific problem (or problems!), which hopefully, you never heard about.

I specifically want to recognize the efforts of Bob, Jennifer, Scott, Pam and the whole team at Family Affair Racing Team in organizing the Formula Vee Invitational. I think it is fair to say that without their very early enthusiasm and promotion with the Vee racers, we would have had great difficulty in pulling off the event at all.

And of course, thanks to all of the racers who kept going in the heat and put on a great show. Finally, a big thank you to the ‘usual suspects’; the track workers and officials who just went ahead and did their jobs with their normal quiet efficiency. There is a reason race organizers always say; ‘we couldn’t do it without you’ – because it’s true.

Photos and results should be on the web sites in the next day or so. So once again, thank you from the VRCBC to everyone who helped. Hopefully, we can do it again next year.

Stan

Stanton Guy, VRCBC Pres.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print